“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Diner fare with an upscale, unique twist. Casual atmosphere. High quality, homemade food. Local eggs, local seafood, pancakes, waffles, omelets, burgers, sandwiches, salads, steaks and so much more! Local's favorite.
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed in a nearby motel with no breakfast offered, and this diner was their recommendation.

We try to eat healthy, and there really wasn't much to choose from except eggbeaters and a $5.29 bowl of fruit. I would have liked more healthy choices such as yogurt, granola, whole grain breads and bagels and english muffins. If you are into sugary cereals, pancakes, waffles, and lots of sugar, this is the place for you. It was also drafty and cool in there........take a "wrap" as my grandmother used to say!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Northeast
“wonderful breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently my wife and I stopped at the Blue Plate Diner at 665 West Main Rd. Middletown, RI 02862. I had a 3 egg potato omelet. the omelet was filled with potatoes, spinach and onions. My wife had breakfast of two eggs over medium with a side of bacon, home fries and toast. The eggs were cooked just right. My wife is a tea drinker and the Blue Plate had a good choice of teas. I am a coffee person and they make a good cup of coffee, I had a couple of refills. Our server was Michael and he did an excellent job taking care to make sure all was right with our breakfast. This was our first visit, but not the last. I understand they have a terrific dinner menu also. the diner was clean and neat, diner personnel helpful also.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worcester. MA
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Delicious omelettes, good coffee, prices a bit high vompared to other areas, maybe par of Newport area?

Visited October 2012
Washington, DC
“Good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Neat diner atmosphere but none of the grunge of an old diner. My dinner of pasta carbonara was tasty and filling. My friend had shepherds pie which he said was good. On the down side service was a little slow even though there were only 12-15 people in the place besides us. I suspect weeknights off prime tourist season are not that busy and they have less help.

Visited October 2012
New york
“Ok diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had breakfast here on the recommendation of the hotel. It was Ok, but nothing to rave about. Service was good and the place is clean and has typical diner decor.

Visited September 2012