“Great lobby. Maze to rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   936 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842 (Formerly Newport Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Middletown
“Great lobby. Maze to rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Spent the night here in early November. Large, open lobby with the exercise room on the second floor overlooking the front desk and a huge area to eat the complimentary breakfast. Getting to the room was like walking down an organizational chart but clear signage helped. All was clean looking a smelled fresh. The room set-up was a little different. There was a separate area between the bed and the windows holding a hanging rod for clothes, a chair, the fridge, and the HVAC unit. It looked like a wall-to-wall closet with the doors removed. The bed was very comfortable. The pool was clean and a good size for swimming laps. Breakfast was the standard Comfort food and the staff was friendly and helpful. The price was about half what we paid the next night for a Comfort Suites in the Hudson valley.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Qualityinn S, Sales Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Josh, thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our extra amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and indoor pool. We take pride in creating a comfortable guest environment, and I am pleased to see you experienced that first hand. I hope we will see you again during your next trip to the Middletown/Newport area. Again, thank you for the feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Emily Hurlock
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bethel, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Would defiantly not recommend this hotel..rooms way too small for the price and this one not owned by this famous hotel chain, rather, family owned by the Patel's.!!!!
Prefer to stay at a place owned by Americans.
Need to be a contortionist to squeeze into the bathroom and fit on the "throne" ..and breakfast no real great bargain...the only best part is the swimming pool, water was decently warm.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield County, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I stayed here over the summer as a family girls trip. It was last minute and was originally going to be just me and my two daughter's. Some family members wanted to come and we were able to grab one more room. We had a lot of fun. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food, not very good unfortunately. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I have had better at similar hotels. The rooms were fine for what we needed as the weather couldn't have been better so we weren't there very much. I was upset however that my daughter never got back a book and a beautiful blanket that she left behind. It was from the Brookstone store and wasn't cheap. They said they couldn't find it and I called a few times after the trip and it never showed up. The sad part is nobody even offered us anything in return. For this reason alone, we won't be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Qualityinn S, Sales Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn & Suites of Middletown, RI. I'm so happy our staff was able to provide friendly and helpful service for your girls weekend! However, I do apologize our breakfast did not exceed your expectations, and for the situation with your daughter's blanket. I will speak with my front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure we did not find your blanket after check out. We are planning to include a few different options for breakfast choices, and it is my hopes you will give us another opportunity to try these updates. Again, thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I hope we may have you back for another visit!

Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Usually, my husband and I are looking for an upscale place. But this was boat show time in Newport, RI. The town and all of the neighboring places were completely booked. Therefore, we were lucky enough to still grab a full week at this nearby Quality Inn, which was quite alright and a fair deal for the price. Management was so nice there, many of the guests as well - I guess it is the atmosphere of warm hospitality that creates this sort of harmony, even in a chain hotel. Not wanting to focus on the big bright stain in the hallway carpet, I want to stress that our room was comfortable, clean, room service great, amenities available, just fine. But what really blew my mind was the fact, that the manager of this chain hotel did indeed take the time to: send me back my (favorite & most comfy) shoes that I had forgotten as they had slipped under the bed. So when I finally noticed them missing, I called and yes: "We'll send them back, no worries".
Indeed, my shoes arrived at my home a few days later, carefully wrapped and well packaged. I was floored. How sweet that was! That they sent me back my shoes! Well, the success of a place is rooted in the care that is given to others. Hats off to this Quality Inn in Middleton, RI.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Carina,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property! It was our pleasure to host you during your week in Newport. We pride ourselves in providing superior service with comfortable accommodations and I'm so happy you experienced that. We can all forget something from time to time so it was no problem to send your shoes home to you. Thank you again for the kind words and I hope we may have you back for your next trip to Newport!

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I brought my friend to Newport as a retirement gift for one night this past Satruday. We have never been there before. This hotel is only a few minutes away from the attractions and not as expensive as the others so we thought we would give this place a try. We arrived to a fairly clean lobby and the desk clerks were polite and helpful when we checked in. When we got to our room, it was dark and there was not a light on. We arrived in the evening and I feel that when a guest is due in, a light should be on. so the guest does not scramble looking for a light. When we finally did get a light on, we were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The room was of a decent size, enough for the two of us. The bathroom was very small which was a drawback and is in need of a facelift. Later in the evening , we did have an issue with our tv and we called down to the desk for some help. The desk clerk that answered sent a maintenance person to our room. He did arrive quickly but he arrived with a bit of an attitude and he smelled of a "brewery." The young man did fix our issue, but, we were both disturbed by the smell of alcohol and his poor attitude toward guests. Our room smelled a little bit after he left and we had to the windows while we were gone for dinner. Breakfast Sunday morning was nothing spectacular. The scrambled eggs did not taste like real eggs and the sausage was not hot. I opted for some yogurt and cereal. Overall the stay was good except for the person fixing our tv issue and that is why I rated this hotel a 3 instead of a 4.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Qualityinn S, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
I first off would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff for the frustrations during your stay. Management has addressed and handled the maintenance issue to ensure this would not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and bring these concerns to my attention. I will share your comments with the front desk in regards to their helpfulness upon check-in, and with the housekeeping on the cleanliness of your room. Again, thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn and I hope we may have to the opportunity to host you again for your next trip to the Middletown/Newport area.

Kind Regards,
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

The hotel, despite its renovations is still a bit run down. However, if you are liking for a safe and affordable hotel with plenty of parking located close to downtown Newport, then this hotel is for you.

The rooms are spacious, breakfast decent, and overall it is a good experience.

For the price it can't be beat.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn & Suites of Middletown, RI. I am so happy to see you had a pleasant stay with us. We are still working on our renovations to give us our "finishing touches". I do hope you will come back and visit once all our renovations are complete. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment on your stay, and I hope to see you in the future!

Southborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

Probably one of the worst, outdated hotels I've stayed in, in a long time. Room was large enough, however walls were very thin. i listened to a couple at midnight arguing in the next room like they were in the same room with me. To mask the arguing they turned the t.v. up very loud. Need better insulation in walls. T.V. was an old tube type, room decor was pretty bad. The hallways had stains on the carpets, and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed all weekend. Bathroom was on the small side. The one window in the room was so dirty couldn't see out. I guess maybe I was not in the "recently renovated" portion of the hotel. Glad we were only there for one night!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear kinne2014, thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Quality Inn & Suites of Middletown, RI. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff for failing to exceed your expectations during your stay. We want to provide all our guests with a comfortable experience, and I am sorry we were not able to do that. The frustrations you experienced during your stay have all been addressed, and we would love another opportunity to have you back for another stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at (401) 846-7600 or by email at sales@qualityinnri.com. Again, I thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention and hope we may host you again in the future!

Emily Hurlock, Sales Manager

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!