“Needs Some TLC” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   936 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842 (Formerly Newport Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Middletown
“Needs Some TLC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Room ok. Bed comfortable.Room has jacuzzi, microwave and refrig. People at front desk seemed disinterested. Dirt on stair bannisters never cleaned. Breakfast usual powered strambled eggs etc. Has indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Qualityinn S, Sales Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear Traveler,
I am sorry your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites did not exceed your expectations. We want to create an exceptional guest experience, and I thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our property. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad, as this gives us insight on areas to improve on. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure we provide top quality service. Again, I thank you for your feedback, and I do hope we can have another opportunity to host you in the future.
Emily Hurlock, Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rexburg, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Quality Inn is currently being renovated. We had a large family group and really appreciated the double rooms that were adjoining and the four queen beds. This gave us two bathrooms and a place in the closet area for a porta crib and cot for some little ones. The breakfast was very good: potatoes, scrambled eggs and sausages and waffles and fruit and juices, yogurts, and toast and muffin choices. The large breakfast eating area was also nice. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roy,
Thank you for taking the time to review us with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you and your family the same enjoyable accommodations and service the next time you are in town!
Allentown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hotels in Newport in the summer tend to be costly - gotta get your money while you can! so, we traveled with our two vizslas (dogs)......kind of a semi last minute trip to the tennis hall of fame tournament and we brought both of our mothers......so three rooms, two dogs....when we first arrived on Thursday night the hotel was pretty quiet - which was nice.....we do get some reflex dog barking with a lot of hallway activity......the room we were in did not seem like it had been used in a while....I had to turn the water on to the toilet at the wall valve......my mother-in-law's shower handle kept coming off......the tv was a little frustrating as well - odd to get going and change channels.....the hallways were a little narrow - which is not the best when you have a dog on a leash and a semi-horrified looking guest coming at you.........anyway - if we were to do this again - I think I would VRBO a house with dog option vs try and stay in a hotel my dogs.....so, my fault......the hotel was functional - breakfasts were fine/good (and busy).....they are seemingly in the midst of retrofitting all the rooms - (we were still in older rooms).....if you have business with Naval Undersea Warfare (NUWCDNPT) center - you couldn't get more convenient!....I managed to find a couple of off the beaten track locations to walk my dogs...which was really nice......the hotel was OK - not great - not terrible....it's a big hotel....it is a little hard to see from the road - as it sits back from the street.....

Room Tip: ask for a redone room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Middletown, RI. I am happy we were able to host your family for your visit to Newport, but would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the condition of your rooms. We have brought these issues to the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping departments to ensure we get these problems resolved. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide superior service on your next trip to the area. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon!
Kind Regards,
Barberton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Here on Vacation. Was impressed with the Cleanliness, the Service of the Staff and the Quality of the Breakfast.
Being a Coffee drinker. I was Very Pleased that ANY time I came to the lobby for Coffee. It was always fresh and hot.
Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffles, Muffins Yogurt and more. The 3 kids had plenty to choose from.

Thank You to the Staff, Management and Owner(s) of this hotel for making our vacation Lil bit better=}

Stayed August 2014
Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn & Suites here in Middletown. I am so pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and complimentary breakfast. I will share your comments with our staff regarding their service and hope we will have another chance to host you and your family upon your next visit to the Middletown/Newport area!
Emily Hurlock, Sales Manager

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!