“Fabulous, Fantastic & Phenomenal” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Middletown
Long Island, NY
“Fabulous, Fantastic & Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

We went for a Mother's Day Weekend. I went to visit my family again. This time I stood at the Courtyard Middletown, RI. Boy, I definitely got it right this time. Great hotel. I can't even complain about anything. Loved everything. They have a great cafe for breakfast buffet. The price was fantastic - $10.45. The breakfast was great! Their indoor pool was excellent! We went in their pool and jacuzzi every night. Their weren't a lot of people. So we had the pool to ourselves. We also had a sliding door leading right to our car from the parking lot. If you are a smoking, you can smoke right outside through the sliding glass door and not disturb anyone. The only thing is that you cannot lock the sliding glass door from the outside. But the walk is so close from your room to the parking lot. The room was spacious. We had the king size room. It comes with it own sitting area. My family was extremely comfortable. You are close to everything. Ruby Tuesday, 7-11, Dollar Tree, Applebees, IHOP, etc..... Stores galore near you. Very peaceful and quiet. Just lovely. I would definitely stay here again, and again and again. I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Beware of staying at this hotel. I booked a stay for one night because I was in the area visiting family. I assumed that Newport was a very safe city and the Marriott would be a safe hotel. I parked my car directly in front of the hotel entrance in between to light posts. When I came out to my car in the morning, the entire lock entry on my driver's side door had been removed, as well as the front grill and logo of my car. I immediately called the police who wrote a report. I then spoke with the General Manager who assured me that everything would be taken care of, and that I should send her the police report and the information from my insurance company. She informed me that she would be filing a claim threw Marriott and that any damage would be covered. I then left, and she did not even offer me a complimentary stay for the inconvenience. She also mentioned that a similar crime had happened about a week prior to mine. She told me that there were no cameras in the parking lot but that security did "rounds" every two hours. Two days later I received a call from a Marriott claims representative who told me that they were not responsible for anything because they did not own the parking lot. However, there were no signs that informed guests to park at their own risk. Nor did the manager mention the prior car theft when I booked my stay. I then tried calling the manager and left several messages, only to receive a call back several days later. She then changed her story and said that she was not taking responsibility for anything that occurred. I have gone through corporate with the same response, and I now want to let others know so they do not go through what I did. I now have to pay a $500 deductible through my insurance and another $300 for a rental car. All for a lousy one night stay at a mediocre hotel that I thought I would be safe at. BEWARE, this hotel and the management do not care about their guests' safety.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — being a victim of theft and vandalism
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by very bubbly and energetic front desk clerks. The girls were able to accomodate us quite well and were very acknowledgeable of the area with some great recomandations. The only thing about this hotel I wasn't to keen on was the location of the elevator. Most hotels have theirs right in the front, we had to walk all the way to the back of the hotel to get to it. But our room was worth the walk. Very spacious and welcoming, like the front desk, and the bed was just heavenly! The maid service was just superb! Every staff member we seemed to come in contact with greeted us with welcoming smiles and that alone really made our stay so enjoyable.

• Liked — super friendly staff!
  • Disliked — elevators
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newport, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

After a horrible experience at another local hotel, I called the Courtyard Marriott to see if they had two rooms available, even though it was a Saturday evening. Shelia was extremely pleasant on the phone and said she would hold two rooms for us while we traveled there. Upon arriving, the staff offered us cookies and got us drinks before heading up to our rooms. Although we could not get rooms next to each other since we booked last minute, we were able to be on the same floor. Both rooms had king sized beds and were exceptionally clean. The carpet looked brand new and the bathroom was a decent size. This hotel is also extremely affordable, seeing as how the Newport Marriott is about double the price of this. Don't be turned off by the drive into the center of town...its under ten minutes.

If you're traveling to Newport, this is a great choice! Friendly staff, clean rooms, and great location! We will definitely return!

• Liked — Everything...Great staff and great rooms!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Fryeburg, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Middle town Rhode Island. All Marriott hotels are now "smoke-free". However, this does not mean that some hotel rooms retain a musty smoky odor.

We changed rooms twice. For those who are sensitive to this ( as I am) it would be useful knowing which rooms (and floors) were designated as "smoking" before their incarnation as "non-smoking".

• Liked — Less expensive than other Newport Hotels
  • Disliked — Musty rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roanoke, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

I visited for a business trip, and found everything to be in order as expected. Checkin went well, and the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable of the area, and helpful. I found the room to be in very nice condition, and the air conditioner to be quieter than most. With the hotel set a little distance from the main road, traffic noise wasn't even a problem in my room that faced that direction. The front desk staff helped this weary traveler find a good local restaurant that avoided a drive into busy, touristy Newport.

I guess I've become accustomed to rooms with wireless internet, so I was a bit disappointed that I had to be wired in. But, the free service worked well - it just meant that I was bound to the desk. This was a bit uncomfortable right in front of the air conditioner, but not too bad since I wasn't on too long.

There was a lot of tourist traffic, especially the families - but it was nearly the last week before New England schools started again so I guess it should have been expected. As a business traveler, this was a bit annoying since facilities like the pool were quite crowded. But at least they seemed to isolate the business travelers to a separate floor so we could have our quiet.

The hotel shows a bit of age, but they seem to be working to keep it up so I can't find fault there. All in all, I would certainly stay here again (and probably will) - especially outside of tourist season.

• Liked — Front desk staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Tourists
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business and I thought it was a clean, comfortable place. Internet access is complimentary, and the bed is HEAVENLY.

The front desk staff was exceptionally polite and helpful. They were real standouts compared to what you find at most hotels these days.

If you're looking for a hotel that's in the middle of historic Newport, you'll need to look elsewhere. This one is just off the main drag in Middletown, which is lined with local shops and restaurants, and only a 1-minute drive further along into downtown Newport itself. Streets in Middletown are wider and parking is more plentiful.

I would definitely try to stay at this place in the future.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!