“Best place around but Pat, people who eat lunch need napkins too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Rosa

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
melbedewy
“Best place around but Pat, people who eat lunch need napkins too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is owned by Pat Orlando, RI's best Italian chef by far. The prices are reasonable and food is legendary. The $6.99 lunch is the best deal in the state.
But Pat, don't be such a cheap [--]!
If you go for dinner you get a nice cloth napkin. If you previously went to lunch the hostess, when seating you, would whisk away the table's cloth napkins in move like Cinderell'a stepmother! Lately, half the place is set up with cloth napkins, the other half with flimsy paper napkins. If you come for lunch (before 3PM) you get seated at a table with paper napkins!
Come on Pat-stop staying up nights trying to take a napkin away from your loyal customer base. You're making yourself look like a scumbardi.

Visited June 2013

“Great Food! What a Fantastic Team of Banquet Servers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This resturant was wonderful. My family and I attended a Mercy meal held in the Banquet side of this "gem". The service was fantastic, waitresses were so attentive and kind.
Bravo to the Chef's. My favorite was the Haddock. Bt the Fresh yes FRESH pasta was Yummy.

Don't miss this one folks, it's Wonderful!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A rose by any other name......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

It was the beginning of spring, we were in Rhode Island and a friend had recommended La Rosa. I have been to Italy, Boston's North Shore, and a variety of Italian food mecca's. I have always heard that the seafood in Rhode Island is great. Having said that we started with the Escargot salad and the. Antipasta. It is a different type of snail than the Parisian kind. It is sliced very thinly and prepared in some very good evoo. I had seafood in a cream sauce. Unfortunately it had no flavor. My husband ordered a steak medium rare that arrived more than well done. The server was very nice but very rushed. I am not sure if they were at their best when we were there. If you go try the escargot (snail) salad. It was the best item of our night. Although they have a vast, varied menu sometimes less is more.

Visited March 2013
rhode island, USA
“Fresh Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had the home made papardelle with marinara sauce. The pasta and sauce were delicious. l loved the way the waitress came to the table with a plate of raw pasta so that we could choose which one we wanted. I also had the meatballs but was disappointed. They were very hard and not tasty. All in all, I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went to LaRosa on a recommendation. What a disappointment it was. We had a table of eight. They put us in the back room so it felt like we were at a wedding. It was not comfortable at all. The service was the worst. Our waitress was terrible, the food was terrible, I could have made better pasta and chicken and I can't cook. I had the Chicken Marsala...the chicken was so dry and there were so many mushrooms. I like mushrooms but really there were so many of them, I could not taste the marsala wine which is why it like Chicken Marsala. My daughter ordered the pasta and cream sauce the sauce tasted like they opened a jar and poured it on the pasta. Honestly I would not ever go back and never, ever recommend this restaurant. Terrible, Terrible food and horrible service. All I wanted was good Italian food. LaRoma is not the place for good Italian food or any good food. Do not go there.

• Visited November 2012