“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of East Bay Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
East Bay Bed & Breakfast
You added East Bay Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
14 Union Street, Jamestown, RI 02835   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Jamestown B&B and Inns
Tempe, Arizona
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I agree with the reviews that the Inn is very nice. We traveled from Arizona to see the ocean and eat seafood. It was a lovely location, as well. Early October is a beautiful time to be in Rhode Island.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

We loved the place, but RI is very expensive from our perspective.
M

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the East Bay Bed & Breakfast over the first few days in July. Our daughter and her husband were moving to Jamestown, and the furniture for the rented house had not arrived. Our hosts made us very welcome. The room was large, the bed very comfortable, and the shower in the bathroom had a little ledge which was wide enough to be a seat for me to sit on while I had my shower. Since I am not good at standing unsupported this was a great bonus for me. The breakfasts were lovely. Since we were there for about 4 or 5 nights the breakfasts were varied so that we were not served the same one each day. We would recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to stay in Jamestown.

• Liked — The location and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — There was one flight of stairs to the bedrooms. I find stairs painful to climb, but it was not a reason not to stay there. However, anyone with real disabilities would find it a reason to find some other place.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

We had a wonderful 3-day stay at the B&B in August, during the Newport Jazz Fest. We enjoyed the quiet beauty of Jamestown, which was just a short 5-minute car ride across the bridge to Newport. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, and they make a delicious breakfast each morning. And the rooms are all large and charming, furnished with Victorian antiques, but with modern bathrooms. We highly recommend this lovely inn!

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Essex, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

We loved staying in and Jamestown, away from the busy Newport downtown. East Bay B&B is a perfect location, walk to restaurants and the waterfront in minutes. Greg and Donna gave great suggestions for restaurants, tours and more. Breakfasts were delicious and plenty of food. Our room was very homey and private. Try it, you'll like it!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at East Bay. The accomadations are spotless and the host and hostess friendly, helpful and damn good cooks to boot.

The location is ideal, you're around the block from the restaurants, and one block in from the water. The water taxi is there to take you right into Newport if you're so disposed.

Each bedroom has it's own air conditioner so you can find your own comfort zone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portsmouth, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

My stay at East Bay B&B was (unfortunately) only an overnight -- I was very happy with the experience and would have been glad to stay longer if my plans allowed.

My room was very comfortable and equipped with especially nice amenities: recently-remodeled 'period style' bath, soap/shampoo, piles of towels, bathrobes, TV & DVD, clock radio, small fridge and an excellent mattress with high-threadcount linens.

East Bay is, as the picture shows, a true B&B, converted from a single family house. My room was plenty large by that standard (larger than my own bedroom in a similar age house) and had nice, not glossy, decor -- attractive antique/near-antique furniture and quirky artwork. On the warm July night I was there I found it very thougtful that they equipped my room with a fan so I could take advantage of the cool evening breezes as an alternative to the A/C.

Donna and Greg are friendly, genuiine people who obviously care about their guests. They showed this with their welcome and their atttention to the extra-nice details.

The location is really convenient -- just a short block up a side street from Jamestown's dock/marina area where you can catch the ferry to Newport in the warmer months and (literally) a few steps farther around the next corner to Jamestown's small, bustling and quaint street of shops and restaurants.

Visiting Jamestown (I've visited before when I stayed with family) is a great low key New England 'seaport village' experience. You'll come much closer to feeling what it would be like to live in this kind of place than you could staying in busy and touristy Newport. East Bay fits perfectly with Jamestown's 'vibe'.

I had a breakfast meeting, so did not get to enjoy breakfast at East Bay...but it did smell good as I cruised out the door.

East Bay will definitely be my choice again for a stay in Jamestown -- recommended!

• Liked — Location, amenities, recently renovated bath
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to East Bay Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!