“Redheaded Stepchild” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Harrisville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
“Redheaded Stepchild”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Had Godfather Platter (I finished it, first time ever, either my stomach has grown or portion was smaller, the latter is more accurate), wife had Steak Tips (cooked exactly the way she ordered). $40 plus tip.

My wife and I have been to Uncle Ronnie's many times, great food, service and value.

However, since they swapped the "bar" and "dining room" around a few things have changed. Dining room entrance is old Bar entrance. We visited the first day they opened with the new configuration. Candid camera moment.

Salad bar is gone. This was one of the key attractions. I've witnessed people walking out when they found that the salad bar was gone. Maybe they can offer - all you can eat family style salad?

Dining room service has gone downhill. I think it is because the dining room is no longer in site of the wait staff area. They have to actually walk into the dining room, before they could simply glance over to see if you need anything.

It appears that they have moved back to a "Tavern" operation full time.
For those who are not drinkers but diners, as we are, I think Ronnie has alienated a lot of them with this move.

Truly a step in the wrong direction but booze makes Ronnie money however it does not develop loyalty.

We will continue to visit when we travel by the area but won’t make a special trip like we have in the past.

• Visited January 2012