“The Best Home-style Korean Restaurant in New England” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Korean
Boston, MA
“The Best Home-style Korean Restaurant in New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for almost 6-7 years now - probably once or twice a month on average - NOT from Providence area BUT from Boston area. It's two hour drive round trip, but the food is worth every minute of that trip! It's hole in the wall kind of restaurant, but the food, she cooks right in front of you, is superb! No excessive anything, and subtle and tasteful. She also very well accommodates special request. I grew up in Korea, but unfortunately developed allergic reaction to bunch of typical Korean ingredients like garlic and pepper. She modifies her recipe and still manages to make her dishes so tasteful. All I can say is wow! Try squid or soft tofu dish, I guarantee you'll return over and over again if you're a Korean food connoisseur like me!

• Visited January 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“good food, good wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This restaurant was smaller and more cramped than I was expecting, but nice enough inside. I didn't notice any parking either, but luckily found a spot right out front. I ordered the BiBimBap with chicken and when the waiter brought it out to me he asked if I knew how to eat it, and well, I didn't... Apparently this dish comes out still cooking in this burning hot...cauldron. You have to mix it all up well right before you eat, which he did for me. It was pretty good. And I THINK the Korean liquor I drank was Bohae Bokbunjajoo Black Raspberry Wine and it was fantastic. This place is a bit pricey though.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Delicious & Freshly made Korean food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I visited here on 12/20/12 with my brother and we were very satisfied with the service and food was awesome! Our waiter was very pleasant and took the time to answer our questions about what was in the food etc. Its definitely a place where you shouldn't judge it by the way it looks on the outside. The place was small but cozy. I had Stir Fried Pork with Kimchi which was spicy hot, just the way I like it. My brother had deep fried pork w/veggies and he loved his food! We left there full and very satisfied with our overall dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Korean food and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I went there recently with my family and enjoyed good food and helpful pleasant service. Bathroom was also clean and it seems to be a family run business. Atmosphere was pleasant and waitstaff were helpful. Food was good, although this was my first time eating Korean so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

I would definitely go back there to try other things, and recommend it to anyone looking to eat Korean in the Providence area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Great Korean food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Wish they served more of the starter dishes, usually only 3.

Otherwise, great bibimbap, korean bbq (shortribs), soondubu, glass noodle vege.
And as of last week, the cold noodle soup is available. Yummy!

Owners are mom and pop, cooking up a great meal always.
Closed Mondays.