“Awesome food, friendly staff, very much like being in Portugal.” 5 of 5 stars

401-438-3769
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
ThinkGadgetSr
“Awesome food, friendly staff, very much like being in Portugal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The owner's daughter waited on us. She is a delight and had us laughing as we enjoyed some of the best Portuguese food around. As she said, "they invest in the food, not the atmosphere!"

It's a small place, and filled with the regular clients, however we felt right at home, and were amazed at the spectacular food. The prices are extremely fair and the value is probably the best around. I can't wait to take our friends there.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great Find!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were actually looking for a place that sells Portugese cassoula sandwhiches, but O' Dinis popped up on our phone so we decided to give it a try. Not too busy but it was 3:30 so right between meals. The waitress was very friendly with a good sense of humour, making us feel right at home. I can see the atmosphere being great at meal time.
We had a couple of Sagres, then I had the 'Carne de Porco Alentjana', basically, pork, liitlenecks, potatoes and olives in a very tasty sauce, which was cooked to perfection. My girlfriend had the garlic shrimp dish, which I also tried, delicious. The espresso to finish was great.
I'm not Portugese but my girlfriend is so we eat this kind of food somewhat frequently in this area, we've also eaten it in Portugal and I've had it in Angola and we both agreed that it is up there with the best we've had. Having eaten the same dish at Madeira, just down the road, I can say I won't be going back there again, O 'Dinis, blows it away in both quality and value.
For a spur of the moment decision on our way home from Fall River, we are both delighted we found this gem and will be going back soon with our friends and family. Great Job.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
RI, USA
“Pork and clams brings us back time after time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have a secret. My husband and I often order two orders of Pork Alentejana for takeout. The two dishes set us back about $30 and is more than enough to feed our family of 4. And oh, how delicious. The clams are always fresh. The pork tender. The sauce is rich and flavorful. We love the addition of the traditional olives, which are a great foil for the roasted potatoes. It is a great, inexpensive meal the whole family loves.

We enjoy eating in the restaurant, too. Last time we had great service from a very lovely and personable waitress. She was knowledgeable about the food and steered us towards some really delectable specials.

I love the selection of inexpensive Portuguese wines. They go great with the food and won't set you back an arm and a leg.

All in all, the food is excellent, the atmosphere homey and inviting and the service is great. We are fans for sure.

• Visited September 2011
Providence, Rhode Island
“Best Portuguese in E. Providence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My daughter and I went here for the first time to celebrate her completing her college finals. The food was spectacular and service was good! The staff were very friendly and helpful in choosing dishes but the small restaurant was very crowded so it was a little bit slow. However, the wait was completely worth it. We ordered shrimp with a garlic sauce that had butter and other spices - it was amazing. We asked for more bread to be able to sop up every drop of the sauce and the shrimp was tender and delicious. My daughter ordered a steak with the ubiquitious Portuguese french fries. It was cooked perfectly, very tender and delicious. I ordered the Braised Beef special. It consisted of chunks of beef that just fell apart they were so tender with an indescribably delicious sauce, potatoes and vegetables. The wonderful waitress helped me choose a good half bottle of red Portuguese wine to go with my meal. One of the best meals I've had in quite a while. Note - the portions were large so don't load up on too much bread! Also, it is very reasonably priced, good for families with kids, great local atmosphere with lots of people who know each other and the owners and staff of the restaurant. A great experience to try.

Extremely friendly staff

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rhode Island
“What a Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Looking for a place to have dinner and just happened upon this place. We debated because it wasn't what we were looking for but saw a line of people waiting for a table so decided to give it a try. Now this was a good sign to have such a small restaurant with such a large following. We waited for a table and were seated with a welcoming smile. The hospitality in this tiny restaurant made everything worth the wait. The food incredible service excellent I never had portuguese cuisine and the waitress, Donna, went out of her way to explain the dishes and even went into the kitchen to bring out a sample to try. If you are ever in the area try O Dinis on Warren Ave It was a great experience and we will return.

• Visited February 2011