“Dive bar - good place to end the night.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pub
Newport, Rhode Island
“Dive bar - good place to end the night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When all the other restaurants on water street close, this is where the servers go. Young drunk crowd - usually loud and packed, especially in the summer. They've got an outside area but it's full of smokers. Only go here when you're already drunk. I've never been here during the day so I've never eaten but I can't imagine the food to be any good. Beer and darts.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sussex, New Jersey
“Sorry to See a Great Place Go Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been to McKinleys several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed it. It is across from our friends Boat in the Marina and it was convenient, goos crowd andgreat food.
We went last night and my friends who live there were a bit skittish, as I found out later, thay have had a few poor experiences in the last year.
We sat at a table and it was 15 minutes before anybody came over. Then place mats were put down and another 15 minutes passed. NOTHING. We finally signaled to the Bartender and he made a face and ignored us. We then asked for help, he held his hand up to his ear and still did not come over.
We left. I can count on one hand the number of places we have left before getting served. The place was EMPTY. There was one other couple in a place with 12 tables. EMPTY. WE will never go there again!

• Visited August 2013
Grafton
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

There are many dining choices in East Greenwich. This little pub is down by the docks, quite convenient for boaters. It is a local hangout, and the music and ambience make it a very Irish Pub like experience (not our sort of music...a bit loud, but we sat outside). Most seaport restaurants offer the same menus with only mediocre food. This place has a very unique and interesting pub menu, and great food. I had the tilapia with grilled shrimp; my wife had the buffalo chicken pizza. We're not talking gourmet, but we are talking well cooked and nice tasting food; not mass produced tourist fare.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bayside, New York
“Great Hideaway Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went for drinks at a "stuffy" place down the block with warm beers and very yuppypeople. We were looking desperately to get out of there and was so happy when my phone gps showed this place close by. Fantastic bar and beer selections, must have atleast 25 different taps, and our bartender was amazing !!!!

Food - all I can say is wow. I ordered a chicken bruschetta sandwich which was fantastic, and my boyfriend had the phily cheesesteak sandwich, which was so gigantic it could have fed the both of us. We sat outside, he enjoyed a cigar and we enjoyed talking to some local people.

Will definitely return again and recommend to all.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Cozy, out of the way pub with warm, freshly made potato chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

They pour a proper pint of Guiness here, based on what I learned in Dublin. The Irish Nachos were hearty, cheesy and fresh - with plenty of tomatoes and peppers. I thoroughly enjoyed the pub atmosphere - complete with Ireland placemats. If you want to go here, don't follow Division Street as it ends before the waterfront. Instead take King Street to a left on Water Street and follow it past the East Greenwich Yacht Club to the marina. The pub will be on your right.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere