“Great traditional breakfast place - excellent home fries” 5 of 5 stars

357 Main St, East Greenwich, RI 02818-3642
401-885-3358
Improve this listing
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Great traditional breakfast place - excellent home fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We planned to meet friends here at Ed's Roost for breakfast, and arrived around 08:40 on a Thursday morning. Wasn't too busy with about 60% of the tables empty. As another reviewer mentioned, it's a small place, so a big party would likely be split, but we got 4 around a table no problem.

Service was very prompt and really friendly. The coffee was good and didn't stop coming, even after we had paid. The menu has all the standard breakfast items. There was a John's 'feast' which sounded awesome, but when I saw it on another table I saw it would be too big for me! I went with the scrambled eggs and bacon, which comes with toast and home 'fries'. See picture.

The eggs were excellent, the bacon strips (x4) were nice and crispy. The potatoes were different, larger than normal with skin on, but they were delicious: really soft but still crispy on the outside. My favourite part, for sure.

The prices were very reasonable, with mine around $5 for the plate. Excellent value for the portion size which I would say was just about average and not small.

I would definitely go back, and I preferred it to T's which I'd been to a couple of years ago. Recommended, but would likely be busy at the weekend, so perhaps prepare to wait... but worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Famous for their Corned Beef Hash -- Small, homey, breakfast joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I did not even know this place existed on Main Street in East Greenwich until my boyfriend took me here! It's very small, but they have great food. They seem to be well known for their corned beef hash, so i ordered it along with eggs and an english muffin. The hash was unlike the typical ground hash that you usually get. It was more like chopped up larger pieces of hash with breakfast potatoes in it as well. It was delicious!! You can get your english muffins grilled (they put LOTS of butter on it and grill it on the stove). It melted in my mouth, but probably not the healthiest! This is a great place. I will definitely return, but keep in mind it's a local kind of place so don't expect to be in and out in 20 minutes!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RHODE ISLAND
“this place is nuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

you may have to wait a while to get in as this place does a fantastic business.Got to be a reason. Maybe its the low prices and the great breakfasts they turn out by the ton.Great for the family or even if you are by yourself.Fast service,low prices,good portions add up to a great place to go for breakfast.

Visited August 2012