“birthday lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Californian
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“birthday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good . Great service and the food was very good also. I order the chicken wings with and with out the sauce very good

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Providence, Rhode Island
“Good Food, Great Service and Consistency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I do not like chains because they are consistently mediocre. Not Outback, i've been to Outback restaurants from East Greenwich to Oahu and i have never had a bad meal. The East Greenwich store is at the top of my list. We had a 9 ounce steak w/broccoli. The steak was well trimmed (not very often do I find this in chain restaurants) the broccoli was delicious. We had the pork tenderloin (also tough to get right), the pork was great the sauce not so much. We both had taco soup, very good but spicy. Spicy is relative to an individual’s personal taste, this was pretty good - to me today - but a different day and different chef might change that.
So it sounds like any other outback why the glowing review? Lori is why. Lori was our server. She took us through our likes and dislikes, suggested food to meet our taste (even gave me both taco soups. My wife is spice intolerant) and my wife got the superb broccoli (i’m broccoli intolerant or at least my stomach is.) and finally she made sure my steak came out my way. A good server can make an okay meal a great meal if they know your needs. Lori was fantastic, the food was fantastic, and the price was super. We had an entree, salad, soup and desserts for $30 for two including tip. Can't beat the price and the conversation was great! Ask for Lori!
We spent 3 hours at the goodspeed theatre and another hour on the road. We needed a good meal and some quiet relaxation over dinner. Outback and Lori took care of us.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Whether you go to the Outback in East Greenwich RI or the one in Ann Arbor Michigan you know what you are going to get. the service is generally very good and the steaks are solid.

Visited April 2012
Newport, Rhode Island
“Above average Outback!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This restaurant had a recent remodel and it came out excellent. Slightly upscale for this level chain steakhouse restaurant. The staff is efficient, friendly, and attentive. Steaks are for the most part delivered at the ordered temperature. Prices are slightly above average in comparison to other steakhouses in the Warwick area.I personally spoke with the owner after I had a problem during one visit and he is a very hands on owner. He resolved my problem immediately. I would recommend the Outback special or NY strip as my choice for their best steaks.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
WEST WARWICK, RI
“Second time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I haven't been to the Outback for several years as I felt in the past the food had gotten progressively worse with the steaks have more of a heavy mesquite taste than a meat taste and the prices of the meals were continuing to climb. However, my partner was given a gift card to the Outback so I went. First thing I noticed was that environment had changed since my last visit with some serious shape shifting away from the cabin woodsy look to more of a feng shui feel as the colors were muted and relaxing, no longer did I see any version of any trophy on the walls . A major overhaul of the menu had also been done and the heavy handed mesquite touch was now gone replaced by choices of grilled or leave it up to the chef to decide the best seasoning fare. More interesting to note were the prices of the items, far more reasonable this time around for the average family.
We both had the 6 inch filet with either salad, soup or baked potato with hot bread served as soon as you sit down. The food was cooked to order, the meat was not tough but soft and subtle with the service being prompt and professional. Overall, it was a really good meal.
I was so happy I had made it back and enjoyed the new look and great food, it was like going home again.

• Visited June 2012