“Never Disappoints” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Cucina Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Siena offers authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm, inviting and lively atmosphere. Evolved out of Chef/Owner Anthony Tarro's ardor for Tuscan cuisine, the menu features fresh, simple, unfettered food that you would find at dinner tables throughout Tuscany served in a warm, inviting, casual fine dining atmosphere.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This has to be the #1 restaurant for my husband and me. I do not have many restaurants that I have a "favorite" but here I have many and I always look forward to hearing the specials because we are never disappointed at the choices. You must try the cheese board if you have a love for cheese which I do as well.

There is one thing that seems odd though ... they reserve spots at the bar so it's very difficult to even get a seat no matter how long you wait.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Overall I was a little disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had recently moved to EG when we went and figured we'd try out Siena here since we'd been to the one on Federal Hill. Definitely a lively atmosphere but it was a strange vibe. It was pretty busy being a Friday night so we waited a little bit (even with a reservation) but went over to the bar to grab a drink. There was nowhere to stand really as the bar area was fully seated and we kept getting in people's way no matter what we did. Also felt like the entire town was there...a mix of singles eyeballing everyone, couples, families and older folks. I guess that's a good thing, but like I said, it made for an interesting vibe. Anyway, seated after a 20 minute wait (not cool) and from there things were mostly good. The place did seem small and our particular seats weren't the best but our server was nice and prompt to our needs once we were seated, though clearly they aren't hiring career waitstaff. Wine was good and reasonably priced and the food was pretty good but not outstanding. I think we'll probably try it again at some point, but we're not in a hurry...I'd say this might be a good spot to have a drink and some apps but unless you're early and in a prime spot for dinner the food didn't make it worth the inconveniences. There are many places where I'll endure some annoyances if the food is amazing, but Siena hasn't tipped the scale in the direction with me yet.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“One of the best restaurants to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We started the visit with a pleasant greeting by the hosting staff. This was followed by excellent service by our waitress for our party of 6. The caprese was served with two different types of tomatoes and very good quality cheese. Two members of the party had the swordfish which was cooked properly, not dried out. The steak dinners were also prepared correctly and very tasty. The royal crown of the evening went to the deserts. The chocolate bread pudding with toffee was the best I have ever tasted. The creme brulee and donut desert were equally scrumptious. There was not a crumb left on any of the plates. The only slight negative was the noise level, which was a bit loud, but toned down as the evening wore on. I would rush back to this restaurant any time I am in the neighborhood. It is worth putting up with a bit of noise.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Home
“Great restaurant in East Greenwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Siena Cucina Enoteca is a great restaurant in East Greenwich. We went for restaurant week and had a delicious meal. The staff was great and very accomodating. We did have a reservation and had to wait about 25 minutes. Staff was apologetic. We did enjoy ourselves very much and ended up with a delightful table.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rhode Island
“Over Hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Siena likes to identify everything with a fancy name but in my opinion taste is what counts and there is a disconnect. The calamari was dry and devoid of flavor, the entree a soupy seafood concoction. Small tables jammed together made dining very uncomfortable. Sorry it was a big disappointment despite all the favorable reviews.

• Visited September 2012