“Great burgers, but service can be mediocre” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 245 restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Providence, RI
“Great burgers, but service can be mediocre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We like Ted's because it's close to home; the burgers are delicious and there are lots of options for customizing your own.

Honestly, though, we've stopped going to Ted's as much, since we found that not all servers were trained to the same level. (Actually, we've had a couple of experiences where the server/bartender was downright unfriendly.) Pat and Alan are both pretty awesome, since they always kept our orders straight - Pat actually used to remember our orders from visit to visit. Unfortunately, Pat is no longer there and let's face it - if Alan is still there, he can't work every night.

The biggest challenge is the seasoning on the burger - there's too much and it's way too salty. I always request the burger without seasoning, but oftentimes that request is overlooked. Once we realize this, it's too late to send it back.

My suggestion to the restaurant would be to train all servers to a much more consistent level. Ted's offers a good product, and it has even more potential than it is realizing now - but it needs to invest more in the people.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Melbourne, Florida
“Love the Bison Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

New restaurant for us. We tried the Bison Burgers and I ordered mine as rare as they would cook it. It came exactly as I would have cooked it at home,very pink, which is a rarity these days! It was delicious and the meatloaf and mashed potatoes were fantastic. Chili was bold and spicy and delicious. Our waitress was always checking to see if we needed anything else and quickly provided what was wanted. Very clean and beautiful restaurant with really good food at a reasonable price. We had no wait at all but it was on a Monday night with plenty of people there. Friendly atmosphere. Would definitely return for more of thier food! Excellent!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Went for lunch, ordered a burger medium rare. I could see the cook as the kitchen is open, it came out way to seasoned/salty. I was wondering why he shook so much on both sides, now I know. The burger was also very undercooked / raw. It took me a few bites to figure this out because seasoning was so overdone. They offered to cook me a new burget, but at this point it wasn't worth it. Guess that is why only about 10 people we in there for lunch.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Good food HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We took a friend out for her birthday and she choose ted's the food was good... when we finally got it the service was terrible the waiter took forever to take out order and when he did he forgot parts of it for instance i had a meal deal with an appatizer , entre, and dessert. He forgot the appatizer the entre was wrong and he forgot the dessert I shouldn't have to remind my waiter to bring me my order! He also never came back to see if every thing was ok so we had to flag him down so he could bring me my appatizer and fix my order. At the end of the meal we asked to speak to a manager about he terrible service and he told us next time we came in he would give us a 10% discount well we wont be going back for that deal. Save your money and eat somewhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Clemente, California
“Great burgers - Confort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This is my 4th different "Ted's" and arrived at the same high quality of the other 3 that I had already visited. Today, I chose to go with the Bacon Chese, Grilled Onion and Bison burger. it hit the spot with those incredible salt & Pepper onion rings.
Service was great, food was great, and the pickles that were delivered with our menus were a nice touch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere