“Average atmosphere, EXCEPTIONAL food!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 215 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Californian
Description: Our restaurant in Cranston, RI, is our latest location to have received an extreme makeover! We are thrilled to announce that this location now boasts an expansive, state-of-the-art, full-service bar with seating for 34 and 12 beers on tap. Walking through the front door, you'll find our half circle booths and high top tables flanking the new bar area. But we didn't stop there; Cranston's exquisite function room can accommodate your private event of up to 40 guests. Live music every Saturday night from 8:30- close and Trivia Night every Monday at 7pm.
Warren, Rhode Island
“Average atmosphere, EXCEPTIONAL food!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

One would expect more ambiance from a newly-renovated restaurant. However, the quality and quantity of the food more than compensated for the lack-luster surroundings of Chelo's in Cranston, Rhode Island. I am 49 years old and can honestly say that I enjoyed THE BEST Lobster Roll (Lobster Salad Sandwich) of my entire life! The toasted torpedo roll was fresh and LOADED with succulent lobster salad! I chose steak fries as my side dish, and they, too, were wonderful! There were six of us dining, and we all enjoyed our meals immensely. I would high recommend Chelo's in Cranston for a casual, relaxed dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Burlington VT. USA
“Sometimes I think I live to eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We go here whenever we can, we live a long way away. I really like the Steak they make. This time it was a 12 ounce rib-eye with sweet potato fries, a green salad with french dressing and a large glass of water to cut back on the calories a little. Medium rare, done to a turn and spiced just right. A cup of black coffee to wash it down ........ Perfect. We ate at the one in Cranston.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colonie, NY
“NICE PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After reading previous reviews we were skeptical about going here even though it had been recommended to us by someone who visits the area regularly. When we asked our waiter if they had been closed, we discovered that they had closed in April and reopened in September after a complete remodeling. We are glad we stopped. The food and service were both excellent and the prices were reasonable. It is a sports bar atmosphere, but there are seating areas away from the bar. We will stop here again the next time we visit the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Good, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

They just reopened this restaurant after renovations. They made it look more like a sports bar rather than a family restaurant. The place was very noisy. A bit too loud for me.
I had the meatloaf which was excellent. In fact, I really don't like bell peppers, so when I asked the waiter about it, he went to ask and the manager came back with the ingredient list showing me what was in it and there was white pepper, but no bell. It was definitely worth ordering again.
My wife had fish and chip and they were very greasy. The cole slaw was too creamy. I love Chelo's cole slaw, but this time they messed up pretty bad on that.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

After waiting for 2 months for the reopening of the Cranston Chelos we were totally disappointed. We sat at the bar and waited ten minutes before we were approached by the bartender as she was busy telling a customer all the different types of liquor she likes to drink on the rocks. When we ordered our drinks she placed a menu in front of us without asking if we were there to eat. Fortunately for her we were ordering food. My wife had the Grilled Chicken Salad, the salad was soggy and the chicken was like rubber. I ordered their famous chowder and clam cakes, a big mistake. The clam cakes were cold and soggy and the chowder was cold. I sent it back and when the second order came the cakes were hot but I am still looking for the clams in the clam cakes. They served me a hush puppy. My chowder was warmed up, not replaced and sprinkled with parsley to make it appear different. It was salty and the potatoes were undercooked. As soon as we finished our drink the bartender handed us the check without asking us if we would like anything else. I guess they didn't want to serve us and they got their wish as we won't be returning to the Cranston Chelos

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere