“Huge Portions” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 215 Restaurants in Cranston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“Huge Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I’ve never actually been to Marchettis restaurant, but I must say that if you like Italian place this is the place to go. I’ve ate their food because my Fiancé’s grandmother cooks every Thursday and she usually buys her food by the pound and then brings it home. She usually gets the bread and the meat loaf which is amazing!!! I used to HATE meat loaf and after I tried theirs, I refuse to have meat loaf anywhere else. I do know this place offers outdoor seating weather permitting and the staff is very friendly as I’ve heard.

• Visited February 2013

Clinton ,MA
“Great food and huge portions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Recently went to Marchetti's in Cranston RI for my birthday celebration.WE drove almost an hour to get there, but it was so worth it. My adult children had been there and enjoyed it so I was looking forward to it. The service was great, our waiter very personable and efficient and good basic Italian food and such huge portions.Prices were very reasonable. I had leftovers for 2 more meals. Would recommend this to anyone in the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
W. Virginia
“A Triumph of Quantity Over Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you like your Italian food by the pound, this is the place for you. The leftovers will keep you fed for the rest of the week. Atmosphere is right out of the 1950s complete with old Sinatra and Dean Martin photos, in case you need to be reminded that the food is Italian. Outdoor seating is in the parking lot in a run-down but down home neighborhood.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dayville, Connecticut
“Insanely large portions & great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Came here for the first time on New Years Eve with a few friends. The meal started with a large salad and bread to share amongst the table. I ordered the chicken saltimbocca for my dinner, and it was HUGE! It was two huge chicken breasts. I only ate about 1/4 of the plate. My friends' entrees were also huge, we all left with doggie bags. The service was great as well. The butternut squash puree that I had with my meal was the best that I have ever had! The prices are so low for all of the food that you get. My only complaint is that my dish was too buttery, but I will definitely return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States
“"Unbelievable portions"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Gotta love this place! Lunch or dinner-always excellent. Don't take my word for it-do your self a favor and go enjoy a terrific meal and a very good value to boot! So many good dishes here i would not know where to start with a recommendation.

• Visited August 2012