“Excellent food with huge portions!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 215 Restaurants in Cranston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Excellent food with huge portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Great service, great food, great portions, great prices! It was my first time dining at Marchetti's and I am definitely going to dine there again soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fall River, Massachusetts
“Reservations for three ~ not a good number”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Made reservations for 3 on a Saturday night ~ knew there would probably still be a wait .....but we waited 1 1/2 hours. After checking with the hostess numberous times we were told that the 1 table for 3 was still occupied ~ they were in rush to leave. I have never had this experience in the past where a party of 3 could only sit at a table for 3 ~ and not be seated at a table for 4?? The food was good but this will be my first and last time @ Marchetti's. One of the owners came to chat with the table behind us and I hoped he was going around asking diners their experiences ~ no such luck because he would have gotten an earful!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Providence
“Food is great, but that's about it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I will start by saying I have been to Marchetti's many times. It's basically the same experience every single time for me. The food is fantastic, really, they give enormous portions, it's just exceptionally good. Everything from the bread to the salad, apps and entrees, I've never been disappointed by their food.

The rest of the experience is what I would like to share. Every time I have gone there, I always feel like unless I am related to the 'Marchetti's', I'm really not welcome. It seems as though they take care of those that they know, and couldn't care less about those that they don't. No one is ever friendly or welcoming...that's just how it always is, and I have been going to Marchetti's for about 15 years now. It probably sounds odd, but I always get this "I'm not Italian enough to be here" vibe. Maybe that's just me, but I get that feeling every time I go there. Not that it should matter, it's a restaurant for everyone, but I actually am very Italian lol.

Anyway, the piece that prompted me to write this review was a part of my experience tonight. The same experience from the get go, not really feeling welcomed, but great food....same ol' story......so tonight, I'm sitting there eating my dinner, and I thought I was hearing someone getting upset and swearing. At first I brushed it off, figured I heard incorrectly. Then it happened a few more times, so I started looking around. I mentioned it to my boyfriend, who was sitting across the table from me, but he didn't hear it. I listened more closely....ah ha!! It was the waiters in the next row, swearing their heads off, dropping eff bombs like no tomorrow! Now, I'm no saint, I've said my fair share of bad words, but I say that sort of thing in private or in the company of friends, NOT in front of customers in a restaurant! I was really put off by that, and wanted to contact the manager, but then there's that whole 'not feeling welcome' thing to begin with, so I assumed he/she wouldn't care, and just dismissed it. It kept happening though, throughout my entire meal....eff this and eff that, and eff them......that is unacceptable. I can't see how anyone could think that is ok to behave and speak that way in a restaurant filled with customers!

Bottom line, I like to go for the food because I think it's really great, but that's is the only reason I ever go....maybe I should consider take out going forward?

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“I would not recommend Marchettis anymore to anyone.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had eaten at Marchettis several times in the past with great service and plenty of good food. It was always worth waiting for to be seated and eat. thqat was a memory.

On Oct. 1, 2011 we arrived at 5:30 pm and waited over 1 hr and 15 min. and my wife and I said no problem its worth the wait. Well to my surprise we would of had a better meal at Pizza Hut . I ordered Veal Saltimbocca and my wife ordered Veal Parmigianna, we ordered Mozzarella Sticks and Stuffed Mushrooms for Appetizers. The Veal was smaller portions than our previous visits and you could tell that is was frozen and not fresh as well as having been microwqaved. the Sauce was not good homemade sauce seasonings were missing from it and the noodles were dry. I was quite surprised with the quality of the meal. Seriously I will never eat there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“The Worst meal I have ever had from there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We went out for my husband Birthday and our Aniversary Dinner like we do every year so we decided to go there instead of a place on Federal Hill for a GOOD ITILIAN DINNER which we have always gotten there except last night Oct 1, 2011 the veal was the worst ever I always get veal parm when I go because is has alway very good but it was the worst I have ever had the service was ok had to wait for an hour and a half which we didn't mind until we got our meal. The sauce tasted like they just threw crushed tomatoes and dice tomatoes together and trew it over dried under cooked noodles with veal that was paper thin dry and over cooked. I WON'T GO THERE AGAIN AND WATE MY TIME WAITING EVER AGAIN

• 1 of 5 stars Food