“A relaxing, spiritual place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blueberry Pointe on the Lake

Blueberry Pointe on the Lake
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chepachet
Blueberry Pointe on the Lake
Save Saved
You added Blueberry Pointe on the Lake to your Saves list
115 Sand Dam Road, Chepachet, RI 02814   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Chepachet B&B and Inns
Ormskirk
“A relaxing, spiritual place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We spent a week at Heron's Nest at Blueberry Pointe and had a great week. We found the place so beautiful, peaceful and relaxing we were torn between staying put and getting out and about to see Rhode Island. The cottage was immaculate, very comfortable and relaxing. Exactly to our tastes. The facilities were everything you need for such a holiday and we have nothing but praise for this place. The owners, Steve and Carolyn, were lovely, interesting people who I feel have got the balance between privacy and friendliness absolutely right. This little piece of heaven is a magical place. Time flew by far too quickly. If we ever travel to the Rhode Island area again we will definitely be checking out the availability of Blueberry Pointe before any other place. In fact, I wish I were there now.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Blueberry Pointe for a romantic getaway before our baby arrives next month. We stayed in the Moonlight Suite where the view of the lake and the moon rising (weather permitting) was absolutely gorgeous. The breakfasts were delicious and our hosts, Carolyn and Steve, were gracious and generous. If you like the outdoors, there are hiking trails nearby in addition to the kayak, canoe or paddleboat that guests have access to on the lake. Chepachet is a quaint town filled with history and even a haunted stagecoach restaurant. We were able to get fresh local vegetables and goat milk soap http://www.greensandgoats.com/ in nearby Glocester. Providence is only about 40 minutes away. We enjoyed listening to the crickets at night and chatting with the other guests at breakfast. It was a wonderful babymoon weekend!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I am a New Englander now living in the North Georgia mountains and my husband and I returned to Rhode Island for my 50th high school reunion. We stayed 2 nights and wished it could have been longer. Staying in the cottage reminded us of the movie "On Golden Pond". It was very beautiful, serene and relaxing. The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful. In fact, we were scheduled to go to the local country club for breakfast one morning to meet friends and we didn't want to miss the breakfast at the inn. So we joined our friends for mimosas! We would definitely return and I have already recommended Blueberry Pointe Inn on the Lake to several locals who didn't know it was there....it is so secluded! We enjoyed our stay so much! Thank you, Carolyn and Steve!

• Liked — The location on the lake, individual cottages and the food!
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

We just returned from a two night stay at Blueberry Pointe on the Lake. It was totally relaxing, peaceful and beautiful. The cottage was clean and decorated very nicely. It was such a relaxing getaway that it was sad to leave. The breakfasts prepared by Carolyn were fantastic. We've never had such delicious breakfast at a B&B before!
Carolyn and Steve were great hosts doing whatever was needed to make us feel comfortable. They are very easy to talk you and are very nice people. We also met another nice couple during our stay. We will definitely be going back. One problem....What will we eat for breakfast tomorrw without Carolyn's pampering ???

• Liked — peaceful, relaxing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

My husband and I stayed here several months ago. Loved the property. One of the most relaxing we've been to. I would have just one suggestion to the owners. Please take better care of the cleanliness of the cottages. They are the most adorable, rustic cottages. However, when we arrived the cottage was a bit on the dirty side. I won't get into details because this is a great property and I hate to say anything negative about it. If they were given a thorough cleaning, this would be the perfect getaway.

• Liked — Quiet, peacefull location on the lake
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

The property is great. We stayed in Heron's nest - a cottage on the lake, it was very romantic and beautiful. Steve and Caryolyn made us feel very uncomfortable though, I felt as though they were prying into our lives, and Carolyn had the audasity to acuse my husband of smoking the cottage, which he was not doing - He stood out on the porch in the rain and in the cold and disposed of the butts properly..but it seems she had seen a pack of cigs on the table when we left and she went in to do some detective work. Then on our last night there, we got a flat tire outside of the inn, had AAA come - lights blaring and all and neither of them came out to see if they could help in anyway - I saw them standing in the window though. The breakfasts are weird (things you have never eaten before most likely)..and then you feel rude if you don't eat them soi if you are not into that dont include the breakfast in your price. I loved RI, loved the property but was very dissappointed with innkeepers and the breakfast. Max was adorable though.

• Stayed October 2004
c4tuna, owner at Blueberry Pointe on the Lake, responded to this review, March 16, 2007
We are conscious that many guests choose a non-smoking establishment like ours due to allergies, but we can accommodate smokers who agree to smoke outside. A cleaning crew enters the accommodations during guests' stays, but not the owners. We serve a contemporary two course breakfast and always ask for dietary restrictions or special requests when taking the reservation. We have helped guests with car repairs several times and yet respect those who prefer to maintain privacy by handling difficult situations by themselves.

After a decade of business, we thank all our guests: so many have become our friends.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

My wife and I visited Blueberry Pointe in the early fall of 2005 and were so impressed we checked backed in one day after we checked out. The small Island location is great for a relaxing getaway. The calm waters were perfect for my first kayaking expererience and the views from our room made us feel as if we are on a ship. The downstairs suite is small but has a very comfortable bed while the upstairs suite is the size of a small apartment. Two very popular cottages are also on the grounds. The owners Steve and Carolyn are gracious and accomodating hosts and the resident dog and cat are also great company. The location is less than one mile from the charming downtown and just a few miles from the Ct. border. This section of RI has a real country feel to it yet it is less than a half hour to Providence. The only drawback is when its time to say goodbye. But if your like us as well as most of Steve and Carolyn guests you will return.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Blueberry Pointe on the Lake? Share your experiences!