“Lobster buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Description: Unlimited high end buffet featuring lobster, prime rib, filet mignon, scallops, shrimp, oysters, clams, fresh fruits, seafood and many other salads, gourmet dessert bar including chocolate covered strawberries and cherries, carrot cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, apple blossoms and even Haagan Dazs ice cream bar.
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Lobster buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everything at this restaurant was wonderful!!! Service, food and staff were fabulous!!! Tax, tip and soft drinks were included in the overall price.

• Visited September 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Gold Star for Bartenders/Bar area at Nordic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This review is solely for the bar area at Nordic. If you have to wait for a table, the bar is the place to be! There are many stools you can sit at while you wait for your table- the bartenders are awesome!
Top Two Gold Star Drinks:
Pineapple infused vodka drink = Phenomenal! (and I'm normally not a huge pineapple fan)
Sangria = a must have!!
Bartenders are knowledgeable, efficient, friendly, and will make you anything you want!

Visited August 2012
Stamford, Ct
“I can't believe I ate the whole thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've been going to the Nordic Lodge for the past several years. We drive up with a large group of family and friends and have a fantastic time. The lobsters are so good! I prefer just the claws and when I ask for claws, there is never a problem. Everything is delicious - the shrimp, oysters, steaks, desserts. Yes, it is pricey but worth every penny. My husband has personally eaten 7-8 lobsters. I don't do too badly myself! Figure out the price for a surf and turf dinner with dessert and you will see that the price the Nordic charges isn't all that bad. Everyone has to experience the Nordic Lodge at least once. Try it you'll like it! I will be back in a few weeks.

• Visited October 2011
Connecticut
“Too stuffed to move!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had planned a trip to Rhode Island for the specific purpose of going to the Nordic Lodge, after hearing so much about it. Now I probably should explain, that I'm not a huge fan of buffets for two reason -1, I don't think there that clean (people tend to not have the best manners) and 2, I never feel like I get my money worth (too many choices). But i had heard so much about this place and finally after a friend told me I HAD to give it a try, i decided to ignore my distaste for buffets.

We stayed at a hotel in Warwick, which is not all that close (although according to the map site, it was about 13 miles away), but we made the best of it by taking in some local sites and events. We decided to go to Nordic Lodge the next day (Sunday), once we checked out of hotel... since it was enroute of us driving back home to Connecticut.

Here's my take on the Nordic Lodge:

Getting there: Don't expect this to be a quick drive once you get off the exit... it is nowhere close to the highway. It took an additional 40 minutes, once we exited. The drive itself wasn't too bad, as it was scenic, but it seemed to take forever!

The location: Nordic Lodge is situated right on a lake, as well as has, what I believe to be, a man-made lake it front of it... It also has a small farm right off of the building as well.. and the day we went there were a couple of horses, as well as some llama out grazing the field. The grounds were beautiful and picturesque! They had large hammocks scattered about the lake and the man-made lake, which gave it a romantic type of feel to it.

The Decor: Hmmm.. not sure how to sum this up, except it wasn't quite what I expected, although, i guess i'm not too sure of what I really expected (lol). It had a kind of fisherman wharf feel to it... complete with red/white plastic table cloths and nettings on the wall with fake lobster stuck in them.

The food: Well, there's plenty of it, with lots of varieties to choose from and as much as you can eat (in two hours). This is where i have problems with buffets, with so many choices I get a little overwhelmed and end up getting a little of everything and then get too full too fast. Although our waitress was kind enough to suggest we take a 15-20 min break midway through the meal so that some of the food could digest. We decided to do that and walked outside on the grounds before heading back in to "try" and eat some more. The best food choices that I made for dinner was the Filet Mignon, which was delicious; the shrimp cocktails was awesome (I probably should not have eaten as much). The oysters and the lobster were excellent as well. I was sooo full by the end of the two hours, but I just had to have something for desert and oohhh were the choices so many!! I ended up getting a Hagen daaz milk shake, some chocolate covered strawberries AND some carrot cake.. UGH, of course I couldn’t finish any of them, but rather take a bit of each and then a sip of the milk shake.

The Price: For all you can eat (within a two-hour window) is $85.

Overall: If you’re a big (quick) eater and like lots of choices and options, this is the place for you. Having experienced it once, I will probably not be going back again though.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ma
“Not worth the expene”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Food was great... Top rate but the expense. There is no way a couple can eat 170.00 worth of food. Even if you only eat lobster you can't possibly eat enough to justify the expense.

• Visited July 2012