“Very nice non-chain motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charlestown
The Surfside Motel
You added The Surfside Motel to your Saves list
334 Narrow Lane, Charlestown, RI 02813   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Charlestown
Emmaus
“Very nice non-chain motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a charming motel of the non-chain variety. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was that the shower was extremely small. Everything else was very nice, and the owner was quite helpful. And they are dog-friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfside1955, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate all your comments. We do strive to make our guests as well as their 4 legged family menbers as comfortable as possible. We do hope to see you again soon.
Debbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We (2 couples) originally booked for Valentine's day wkend but the weather forced us to cancel and we rescheduled for this past wkend. Our rooms were quaint & clean with small little efficiency kitchens that came in handy. Everyone seemed very friendly and we totally enjoyed our stay..the only drawback was that we would have liked to have checked out a little later then the 10, they allowed us till 11:00 AM though. The manager was friendly & recommended places for us to eat which worked out great..all and all, a great experience...we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfside1955, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. It was great you were able to reschedule your visit with us due to bad weather. We enjoyed having you stay with us and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and that I was able to accomodate you with a later check out. We do look forward to your return in the future.
Dracut, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked a reservation on line on a Sunday night 4 weeks out.
Plans changed overnight and I called the next morning to cancel. They had just sent the confirmation via e-mail but told me there would be "no problem". I knew there was a $50 cancelation fee but didn't think they would charge it since I canceled it within 12 hours of making the reservation AND for one night in February.
$50 charge on my credit card. Won't bother thinking of going there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfside1955, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
I am sorry for the misunderstanding with our policy. When you booked your reservation thru our website it clearly states our cancellation policy. We also include it in our confirmation email that is sent when a reservation is made. If a reservation is cancelled it is included in the cancellation email. We do not want anyone to be misinformed regarding our cancellation policy. We take special care and pride in our customer relations and customer satisfaction with our guests.
bethlehem, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed one night at the Surfside. We were going to the Nordic Lodge and it was very convenient. Very clean and friendly. The room is a little on the small side but it worked great for us. We would recommend this motel and we will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfside1955, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the Nordic Lodge, also that you found the room very clean and a friendly host. I would also like to thank you for saying that you would recommend us to others. We certainly look forward to your return. Debbie
Paoli, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Surfside for two nights as we were attending a family reunion in the area. It is a very modest motel - nothing fancy. The motel room was very clean. The rooms are quite small but adequate. The bathroom was also very clean with a really small stall shower. My main problem with the Surfside was the price. I know this is a beach area but the room seemed really overpriced to me for what it was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed your family reunion. I am pleased that you found your room very clean. Our service and attention to detail is what brings our guests back again and again. You may of felt that our rates were overpriced but we are actually only slightly higher than others in the area. Our past reviews show that others are willing to pay alittle more for a comfortable, modern and especially clean room. We do hope to see you again in the future. Debbie
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a lovely hidden gem. The premises are impeccable and the personal service is unrivaled. Debbie will do her absolute best to make sure all your requests are met. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times and it is always my choice when in the Charlestown area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Surfside1955, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you returned to our hidden gem. It was my pleasure to assist you in your requests and I look forward to your return in the future.
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We found our stay to be enjoyable and quiet. All the amenities we needed after a day of roaming the beautiful state of Rhode Island. Very attentive staff and a hands on owner made this a place we will return to in the future.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quiet and the farthest from the street.