“Philip Sharac” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Philip Sharac”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I have worked on Wall Street for forty years and have eaten at many fine restaurants. Four years ago we moved to Bristol, RI and discovered Persimmon's. This is a restaurant that stands at the top in the quality of food offered. We have eaten there several times and I am continually amazed with each meal I choose. The problem I have is not the price but the quantity, even with an appetizer I leave hungry. For this reason I no longer eat there but enjoy other nearby restaurants, a step down in quality but still good quality food; Le Central, The Lobster Pot, stand out.

Newton, Massachusetts, United States
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

"Excellent" is not a good enough description of Persimmon. It is extraordinary. My family and I had as fine a meal as we have had in years. Persimmon would stand out in any city, let alone Bristol. It is more than worth the trip. You won't regret it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Gourmet experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Some people say this is the best restaurant in RI. I agree it is in the top 10. You will not be disappointed. Everything is prepared to perfection. Helpings are on the small side for American cuisine, the presentation is perfect. Get beyond the proportions... it's about the taste.

Visited June 2012
TX
“Incredible food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I ate at Persimmon last week when we were on vacation, and we are still talking about how terrific our dining experience was there. The staff accommodated my vegetarian diet with a superbly prepared appetizer and entre. These vegetables were incredibly delicious and had a lovely presentation! My husband said his duck was delicious also. The service was very, very good and was well-paced. My compliments to the chef who does a fabulous job. Dining here was one of the high spots of our vacation. If you are in the Newport/Bristol area, this restaurant is a must! It was better than any we found in Newport!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, MA
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner. Everything was delicious. Pleasant atmosphere. Good service. Knowledgeable staff. Could not ask for anything more.

• Visited August 2012