“Not enough time to enjoy it all” 4 of 5 stars

Bristol Harbor Inn
259 Thames Street, Bristol, RI 02809   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Bristol B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not enough time to enjoy it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

This was our first trip to RI. We got in late at night because of the big snowstorm in mid Feb in New England.

Emily, the night person was very friendly and helpful. She helped my daughter order some Chinese takeout while my wife and I went to De Wolf next door.
The place is very clean and there are some great views if you get a room on the parking lot side of the building. It's a great location, you're right on the bay. The bathroom was very clean and larger than a typical motel would have. The room was comfortable and my only complaint was being located next to a hallway door. It was opened and closed many times, early in the morning, slamming each time Either a guest or the cleaning staff, that was annoying.

The day staff was also very friendly and helpful. It is the winter and they are slow so maybe they have more time to spend with the guests and help out. I heard that this town is packed in the summer. I can see why.

The town of Bristol is very quaint, with lots of great houses and walking opportunities. Newport is close by too, but we were out of time and I definately want to come back for more of this beautiful area. BTW the tavern next door, De Wolf, is fantastic, great atmosphere and Sai(sp?) the chef there creates some extraordinary dishes. Don't miss the apple pie dessert!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2005

I stayed at The Bristol Harbor Inn for a wedding in September. First off, the hotel is clean, however do not expect too much friendliness/professionalism from the staff. We were paying a high rate for a smoking room, when we were told we would get non-smoking. I asked for a toothbrush at the Front Desk, and I was directed towards a vending machine where I could buy one for a $1.25. I work in the hotel industry, and have NEVER heard of a place that didn't have complimentary toiletries at the front desk (the necesseties, like toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc). They do this at any budget hotel in the US, and we were paying significantly higher than budget hotel rates. Don't go in the elevator...It's extremely slow and I don't recommend it for those that are claustrophobic.

We also had drinks at the new "DeWolf Tavern" where the bartender was extremely rude and unfriendly.

The worst part, was when the bride of the wedding, who had rented out the WHOLE hotel for her party, was denied a late checkout for ONLY HER ROOM! Again, as an employee of the hotel industry myself, YOU ALWAYS give a late checkout to the bride and groom of a wedding party. You do it anyways because they just got married, but you do it especially if they booked the whole hotel, and spent thousands of dollars there!

Overall, an average hotel, made worse by the service.

Bristol, RI however is a wonderfull little town...

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Bristol Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bristol Harbor Inn

Address: 259 Thames Street, Bristol, RI 02809
Location: United States > Rhode Island > Bristol
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in Bristol
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bristol Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bristol Harbor Hotel Bristol

If you own or manage Bristol Harbor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.