“For a good time, don't go here” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Bristol, Rhode Island
“For a good time, don't go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My girlfriends and I decided to stop here on a Saturday night. One drink in, the bartender told us we were too loud and asked us to leave. He became so frustrated with us when we defended ourselves while we gathered our belongings, he yelled at us and took our drinks off the bar! We are all in our 30's and 40's, hardly the trouble-maker type. We were under the impression that it was ok to laugh and have fun at a bar. If you're looking to have a good time, save your time and money, head down the street to Finn's or Aiden's instead, where the bartenders are friendly and like to see their patrons having fun. I live in Bristol, and will never set foot in there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Mmmm beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I had no idea this was a chain- it totally has a home town pub feel. Kevin the bartender was one of the best! He knows his beer and is really enthusiastic about sharing his love for his craft (pun intended). Food was delicious- husband had one of their famous pies (tender and flavorful meat inside a buttery crust) and I had one of the daily board specials of shrimp wrapped in bacon- it had a little kick which complimented my beer. We came in to escape the heat and we found a true gem. Can't wait for my next trip to Bristol and to try some new beers.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Craft Beer and Good Eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the British Brewing Company after watching the Bristol 4th of July parade (an excellent experience itself!). Kind of ironic, visiting a British-themed pub on Independence Day.

The first thing to draw my attention was the 18 beers on tap, most of which I’d never tasted. So I set off on my local craft brew sampling tour. The bartender recommended the Mayflower IPA, brewed in Plymouth MA, and it was a nice, refreshing, hoppy IPA. I also tried the Berkshire Brewing Company’s Pilsner, from South Deerfield MA. My wife went for the Newport Storm Blueberry Beer, which they augmented with a spoonful of fresh blueberries in the pint glass. Curious about a particular brew? They’re glad to give you a sample to help you decide.

Lots of options for food, ranging from traditional British meat pies and Shepherd’s Pie to some trendier offerings. My wife had a Caprese salad with Indian naan bread, while I went for the lobster Sarney sliders, which turned out to be lobster salad on naan … huge hunks of tender lobster barely dressed in a little mayo. Really good.

Service is good here, the prices are reasonable, and it’s very family-friendly. Lots of families with kids here, unusual for a pub. If you’re in Bristol and looking for refreshment, you shouldn’t pass up the British Brewing Company.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

No gripes about this place. The bartender was excellent; very kind and allowed sampling of draft beers. I had the sheppards pie and it was very good. The ambiance is cozy and inviting, reminescant of woody earth-toned European dives. The place appears new and clean. It was a pleasure to dine there!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Information”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just FYI. Read some good things about the restaurant. Went on their website to check the menu (I made sure it was the Bristol site) and the menu looked great. When we got there the menu was about 10 items and a couple of specials (very limited). Just make sure the menu is what you want.

Visited June 2013