“Very nice place, a couple updates would go a long way though.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sullivan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Block Island
The Sullivan House
Corn Neck Road, Block Island, RI 02807   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Block Island B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Very nice place, a couple updates would go a long way though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was recently here for a wedding and overall the place was very nice.. Stayed at the B&B for 2 nights. But what good would a review be if I didn't give some negatives. First day was very hot and the room was an oven. I get the no a/c but the room I was in didn't even have a fan. Almost every room did but for some reason mine did not. Luckily my kind mother gave me her fan and we were able to get some sleep. As it was almost all family and friends staying here I was able to check out all the rooms and they were all quite nice, hence my rating even though I think my room was sub-par... I was in room 2. It was 2 twin beds my brother and I shared. They were the two smallest beds I have ever seen, more like toddler beds. To say neither of us slept well would be an understatement. And to top it off my one window had neither curtains or a shade. This problem did persist with other rooms but we made do by draping towels... Overall very kind people and the wedding was beautiful would def recommend the place... JUST NOT ROOM 2

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is huge and has a jacuzzi, room 1 was very nice and to be honest as stated above...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Sullivan House is normally booked for events, but my family and I were extremely lucky to happen upon a weekend with openings. Everything surpassed our expectations - the inn's gorgeous architecture, unique interior filled with beautiful Irish antiques, the incomparable views, fabulous breakfast, comfortable beds... The innkeeper was extremely friendly and accommodating... A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful quite b&b mike the owner is wonderful! My home away from home! Wouldn't stay any place else ever again. I have stayed at many b&bs on the island and the Sullivan house is by far the nicest!!

• Stayed August 2012
Plainville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend away where we stayed at the Sullivan House. This was our first trip to Block Island and we could not have asked for a better and more welcoming place. It is located about a mile from where the ferry comes in but right across the street from the town beach. Amazing views and sunsets, no reason to leave to view a sunset from somewhere else on the island.

Our room was comfortable and we had a small fan (we could have used a fan that was a bit bigger to bring in the great breeze off the water but we did not hang out much in the room. There is a great wrap around deck with adirondack chairs that we would sit in and enjoy the views, talking with the owner and other guests.

The owner was very helpful in making recommendations. Carolina is amazing and she makes a great breakfast. If she asks if you want an omelette you are going to want to say yes!!! This is a place that you are going to want to consider checking out and staying at your next time on Block Island. We plan to make this our spot when we are back on the island. Thanks for everything!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that are facing the beach have a bettter breeze but the rooms facing Oyster Pond and the ocean...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beautiful clean house, walking location to great sandy beach and into town. We never rented a car or bikes and enjoyed walking the beach to get to and from downtown. The views are second to none. Sits high on hill and overlooks harbor on one side and oyster pond and ocean on the other. Spent a lot of time sitting on wrap-around porch where breeze is constant. Only complaint is that our particular room (facing oyster pond) was rather hot. The breeze always came from opposite side so there was little air circulation. A fan in the room on dresser turned out to be a heat fan not a cooling one. A tasty breakfast was served each morning. Highly recommend and would definitely stay again if returning to Block Island.

Room Tip: If it's hot weather stay on harbor side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I would recommend The Sullivan House as the perfect place to stay on Block Island. Directly across from the Town Beach, 15 minute walk to town (you can actually walk the beach to get there), epic views from the isolated peninsula upon which the property rests, clean, comfortable rooms and an amazing staff that cooks omelets for you in the AM!

Perfect!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scotia, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had read the previous poor reviews...and was more than a little skeptical. I was soooo pleased. The views were amazing. As for the accommodations, much better than the reviews below stated...the rooms arent a modern "Hilton hotel", however the home was built in the early 1900's...beautiful. I will be having my wedding there in August! Very excited.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sullivan House? Share your experiences!