“Great location - Great bartender - Great Wines/Martini's” 4 of 5 stars

401-466-5844
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spring House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Block Island
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Main Dining Room consists of our grand indoor dining room, as well as our ocean view patio, and provides patrons with exquisite fine dining. When available, the Spring House Hotel kitchen strives to use vegetables from our very own gardens, Many of our dish’s are created solely to utilize what we grow in our own backyard. We believe that self sustainability with organically grown herbs and vegetables is the healthiest way to cook. We strive to source all produce organically and or hormone and pesticide free if available, collaborating with Farm Fresh Rhode Island, we are able to source local farmers and purveyors throughout New England.
Dennis, Massachusetts
“Great location - Great bartender - Great Wines/Martini's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped in for drinks and the view ... ended up having dinner. The bartender makes a super chocolate martini and really knows about wines. We had pizza for dinner and the lobster mac and cheese ... there was lots of lobster in it!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Clinton, CT
“Customer Service 101 - Grade F”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE RESTAURANT - NOT THE HOTEL.

If your meal sucks don't bother asking for Frank the Shank (aka the owner's son/manager). I would give them negative stars if the option was available.

My friend always raves about the Spring House so I went there twice this week - once this past Sunday evening and again tonight - July 4th. Both times the service was slow and when there were issues the owner's son and manager "Frank the Shank" was excessively rude, choosing to chastise me, the customer rather than addressing his restaurant's service/quality issues.

Tonight, July 4th, the family went there - arrival time 8:30pm.

We received lackluster food and service. When we commented/complained about the overcooked risotto and the nasty cheese in the poorly prepared eggplant - the manager temporarily placated us with a vinegar-like glass of wine that they couldn't have paid me to actually drink, and didn't even take them (the offensive food) off of the bill.

Appetizers took well over an hour to be served and entrees were overpriced and poorly prepared. Apparently the owner's son needs to take customer service 101. Rather than apologizing and having the brains to get his $10,000 cappuccino machine serviced (the foam dissipates immediately and is basically nonexistent) - he chose to reprimand me as a customer and say that he sees me every day (only went there twice) and he hasn't seen me smile yet. Well FRANK, I'm sorry, but smiles ARE NOT something you are entitled to when your establishment has given me nothing but lackluster service and overpriced and poorly prepared food.

If you want a truly delicious meal head over to Eli's or even to the National or Ballard's (they have great 8 oz burgers and if you have any issues the managers there treat you with respect and INSTANTLY resolve any issues you may have).

I know this review seems a bit harsh, but one of the people in our party is actually a CHEF and has his own restaurant and another was a gourmet cook (me) and confirmed foodie.

Sorry Spring House, but I will NEVER GO BACK and recommend that others do the same. (My dad always says Service, Quality, Price - pick two - Unfortunately, the Spring House Restaurant offers none of these.)

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Tapas and drinks under the porch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Or inside the Hugh bar with comfy settes to lounge around. Very special place up on the hill. We always make time to visit while on Block.

Visited September 2012
tiverton
“Best View from the porch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

High on the hill overlooking the sea is the best location to watch the sunset and sip a martini. Thursday nights is martini night and the crowd gravitates to the porch bar to socialize while watching another wonderful sunset on Block Island. This hotel is popular with brides and I understand that many of them book two years in advance. Location...location...location.

Visited August 2012
Westford, Massachusetts
“Amazing dinner !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As glamorous as block island gets, super awesome drinks and outstanding food. The view is one of the most spectacular on the island.

Visited September 2012