“Absolutely Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Clinton, CT
“Absolutely Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Eli's has very delicious food and excellent service. Some people expressed distaste over the size of the restaurant, but they simply have fantastic food, and the quaintness just ads to the charm.

If you can get a seat at the bar, go ahead and eat there - the food will be just as delicious. They also happily split meals for you if you aren't a huge eater. I heartily recommend the ribeye steak and the arugula salad with the delicious goat cheese.

It is very cozy and the perfect place for a romantic a date. Yummo!

Visited July 2012

88% Recommend
Wading River, New York
“divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This little place off the beaten path of the main street just behind the big white hotel, this is where the foodies eat!

Visited September 2012
“Delicious, fresh Asian-inspired seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visited Eli's in July, and we are absolutely glad we did! Try the tuna nachos, you won't regret it. For my entree, I had the halibut kabayaki, and it was, hands down, the best dinner I had on the island (despite many other top contenders). I'd recommend to all BI visitors.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“The place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I visited Eli's last night and I have to say I was impressed. We had to wait a few minutes as their was a line out the door to get in, but it was well worth the wait. We grabbed a glass of wine, bartender recommended a great Sauvignon Blanc. We were quoted 30 minute wait and were seated a few minutes early. We started off with the Calamari and the Burrata w/ Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes. Both were outstanding, the clamari was tender and full of flavor and the burrata was some of the best I've had. The chef clearly knows what he/she is doing. There was a light dusting of sea salt across the buratta and a drizzle of Olive Oil which brought out the richness of the cheese. The burratta also had balsamic pearls which brought great acidity to the sweet tomatoes.

For our entree I ordered the Halibut and my wife got the Salmon. Both were prepared to perfection and accompanied by interesting and unique additions. The salmon was prepared skin on which I love, because the crispy skin is where its at. My Halibut was prepared with Asian influences which I found to be very inventive and tasty. The quality of food here was unmatched at all the other places we've eaten on our vacation. We tried all the "must go to places" and Eli's is the only place I felt was worthy of a review.

The service was great the entire night, our server was only their when we needed something and wasn't intrusive, because we wanted to take our time and enjoy a night away from the kiddos.

I can't write a review without talking about the dessert. The chocolate peanut butter dessert is creamy, intense and delicious.

I can't wait until we return next year to eat at Eli's again, its one of those places, that we'll be going back to for years.

P.S.- We asked our server and she said the Chef was trained at the Culinary Institute of America. We weren't surprised by his pedigree as much as we were surpised that a small island was able to attract someone with so much talent. I only hope he moves closer to our house so we can eat his food more often.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chester,ct
“Veranda not needed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

No front porch,no water view,no ocean breeze, no reservations....needed. Just a cozy ,lively setting,gracious and well informed staff,very interesting menu choices,and excellent chef. We arrived mid evening,waited for just a few minutes,enjoyed a cocktail without being rushed,placed our order and thoroughly enjoyed this evening. The most unique calamari appetizer we've ever had and highly recommend along with the elegant tuna nacho appetizer. Maybe too many nachos. The space is small but not crowded.Conversations were lively but not intrusive.Food was delicious and reasonably priced .We felt comfortable and relaxed and definitely attended to in a very professional way. We look forward to returning to Eli's.

• Visited July 2012