“Dining at Payne's Harbor View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Payne's Harbor View Inn

Payne's Harbor View Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Block Island
Payne's Harbor View Inn
Save Saved
You added Payne's Harbor View Inn to your Saves list
Beach Ave and Ocean Ave, Block Island, RI 02807   |
Ranked #11 of 30 Block Island B&B and Inns
Rhode Island
“Dining at Payne's Harbor View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wonderful place to enjoy the sunset and have a light dinner on the deck or lawn. Delicious sushi menu and yummy light offerings (like lobster and brie quesadillas). My husband and I are not big eaters, so we are always too full for dessert, but the desserts look great, so sometime I think we will just go for dessert!
Haven't stayed there overnight (since we live in the community) so I can't comment on the inn itself, just the dining.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I don't normally write reviews. But I felt obligated too with the Paynes Harbor View Inn. After attempting to book the National and multiple other places to stay, I was able to get a room here for the weekend with my friends. What an unbelievable experience. The hotel is immaculate. The view of the Harbor is unmatched. (go out for Happy Hour on the back deck and view the sunset). The staff was overlyfriendly and accommodating. The location is close to town. I will not stay anywhere else when I come back next summer. Thanks Paynes!

Room Tip: There were some rooms that overlooked the harbor. Try to get those.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Croton-on Hudson, New York, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was a major disappointment. At about $300 per night, we certainly expected a much higher level of pampering. We stay all over the world, and all over the USA and when staying at pricey B&B's have come to expect as standard a full course breakfast, not serve-yourself cold cereal and toast-it-yourself bread and waffles, as well as robes in the rooms and a selection of toiletries. The folks that were running the place were very nice, and accommodating to the requests that we had (holding our luggage on checkout so we could ride bikes), and the location made walking into town and to a restaurant easy. But as three couples, with many years' experience in traveling, we all agreed that we would not return. The inn is also not air conditioned, and the evening fog made for damp sleeping.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Newport, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary and LOVED it!! The rooms are spacious, clean, and have a gorgeous view! We love the location which is between New Harbor and Old Harbor and close to the beach! The sushi served downstairs is fantastic as well!! The innkeepers sent dessert to our room because they learned we were celebrating our anniversary which was a pleasant surprise! We will be back for years to come!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

If you make a reservation here - be sure that you're going to keep it. We were supposed to stay in the hotel but I was over 9 months pregnant, ended up in the ER and had to cancel our reservation. We called two days before we were supposed to arrive and told them our situation but they charged our credit card for the room, regardless. They said, sorry - it's our policy. Needless to say, this left us with a very bad memory of the hotel - and we were really looking forward to staying here. A year later, I'm still upset about it. Just beware!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
RI and CT and NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

What a beautiful place!! We had it all to ourselves, which we loved. Online photos don't do the place justice!!! Warm touches all over the hotel, very clean and inviting. Wish we could have stayed longer.................... Just a great place to relax and enjoy the island.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Suffield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Great Inn, decent food, great staff, awesome views. The Inn really needs to invest in air conditioning for room 7 located on the 3rd floor. The thermostat never went below 82 in our room. My husband and I slept with 3 fans blowing on us at night. I would suggest that the Inn stop renting this room or do something to make it comfortable for their guests. We loved the new Sushi Bar. We also had room 9 on the 3rd floor. This was a great room!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Payne's Harbor View Inn? Share your experiences!