“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Gothic Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Block Island
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #18 of 30 Block Island B&B and Inns
norton
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Gothic Inn was awful! It was very expensive, dirty and the staff were outrageously rude!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Unfortunately, we were kept awake both nights by the carousers until 2:00 am or so. The odors from the pizza place dumpster next door wafted our way, and that wasn't too pleasant, either. The breakfast was great as well as the views from the porch. I suppose if you come to the island to go out and party at night you will be oblivious to the noise and smells, but it wasn't the right place for a family with children and seniors who want a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cranston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I found the location and outdoor shower fabulous! When I booked this location I was looking for a place not too far from the ferry and wouldn't need a vehicle to get around and enjoy the town, beach etc... I got exactly what I was told by Cindy the Innkeeper Manager. I feel she represented the Gothic very well to me. The room was recently painted and color choices were cheerful. Bed was hard as a rock, my kids hated the pull out sofa comfort so bad that 1 put together blankets on the floor and the other left the couch in couch position and all was good. The stairs leading to my room were very steep and at times a little awkward to walk on. The deck landing was an added treat because we smoke and were able to sit outside and enjoy the sunset. I let my eyes forget about the rooftops that interferred with the waterview which by the way if someone would cut the shrubs from the backside of the property so you can see the water better. The people seem to work hard to turn the rooms over. I appreciated more than I can say the ability to leave my bags while we began our vacation when we arrived which was 10:20 am.... so our room was 4 hours from being ready but it didn't matter. We had our beach cart all geared up. We enjoyed the adirondack chairs on the front lawn and the fact that the main building was set back off the road which increased our privacy and decreased the street noise. I didn't have soap or shampoo so I did have to ask but I did receive... Always plenty of towels. Hmmm, all in all I would say it was exactly what I expected and was told. It is not the Ritz and if you want all that I described and motivated by being economical then I would recommend the Gothic Inn. One last thing, would be nice to have outlets and FANS in all rooms. No outlets created a problem for all our electronics that required chargng. Again, we got through it, and it was fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The Gothic Inn just changed management and it's a wonderful place to stay with great staff and affordable prices. We stayed in a few different rooms in the Inn, but they also have apartments if you can get them. It's in the heart of town, making getting anywhere very easy on foot. No need for a car. Cute, clean and relaxing. Continental breakfast is also great! Will be returning very soon!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

What a great place to kick back and relax. Easy walking distance to beach, town, rentals. Staff is so accommodating and polite. No hassels what-so-ever. Really nice complimentary breakfast which can be eaten on the porch over looking the ocean. Couldn't ask or more!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We have stayed at the Gothic Inn for almost 10 years now and love it! They have quaint period furnished rooms and a great porch to just hang out for the continential breakfast they include, to play a game or just read a book. The porch has ocean views and is just lovely. The staff is very nice and goes out of their way to accomodate you with beach towels, whatever you may need. A definite for the laid back traveler who is looking for a nice place to stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed one night in one of the apartments. The price and service was very good, but the place was not very clean. Every time we were in the room, we had to exterminate ants that were all over the kitchen counter. There was used soad in the bathroom and it was not clean at all. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very nice, but I would not stay there again. There are so many nicer places to stay on the Island. Go to BI, but maybe stay away from the Gothic.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Gothic Inn? Share your experiences!