Let me preface this review by saying that I am from New York City. As such, I am used to small spaces. However, I've never encountered as small a room as I did at the Harborside Inn. Our room did not have even a dresser or shelves so we could put our clothes away. In fact, our sink was in our "bedroom" so we barely had enough room to both stand up in the room at once. The staff was indifferent and the restaurant was pretty good, but if you're a couple planning to spend some QT in the room, don't stay here. It's way too expensive for what you get.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.