We stayed the weekend after Labor Day in room 301. This is a historic hotel directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry. We enjoyed the character of this hotel, which does include uneven floors, very crooked stairs from the first floor to the second floor and very steep, narrow steps to the 3rd floor. There's no elevator but the staff would have helped carry luggage if we needed help.
Our room was on a corner, away from the restaurant and bar area. We had 2 windows. The windows are new. A/C was in the form of a portable unit that sits on the floor and vents out the window. It was cool while we were there so we didn't need to use it. The room is small with a double bed, a night stand, a chair and a dresser. It also has a small area to hang up clothes and store luggage. The bath room is small but clean and functional. No hair dryer so brought my own. Overall the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable.
One disadvantage of this room is it is directly next to the stairs so you will hear noise as folks make their way slowly up and down the steep wooden steps. Another disadvange is that you face the ferry dock area and the street so you will hear street noise. We solved that with a free white noise generator app on a smart phone which blocked the majority of the noise. The staff was very friendly and we really liked the luggage storage room since we arrived to Block Island well before the normal check in time and didn't take a return ferry until mid-afternoon. Another nice touch was calling my cell to tell me our room was ready. Breakfast was great, we opted to use the $4/off a regular breakfast instead of the free continental breakfast.
The hotel is in a great location, an easy walk to the ferry, restaurants, shopping and the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island