My wife and I arrived on the first boat of the day from Pt. Judith RI. We were there for a mid-week stay. It was the third week of a heat wave and the breezes were very welcome. We arrived at the hotel, our rooms weren't ready yet. We stored our bags and rented a motor scooter for a quick trip around the Island. Our room was ready around 2:30 and we found a somewhat small but clean and air conditioned room looking out over Water St., the ferry terminal and the ocean in the distance. The bed was comfortable, the shower while somewhat dark was clean and with good pressure.
The location of the Harborside is great, right in mid-town Old Town, an easy walk to eat, drink and head for the beach. Rent a scooter the first day and then hit the roads on bikes. The rental places are right around the corner. Check with the hotel prior to arriving, they may have deals. As you cruise around, if you've ever been to Ireland, Block has the same rolling hills and rock walls, the same feel on the roads. We had a great time and will definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- The Harborside Hotel
- Harborside Inn Block Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.