My husband and I just returned from a wonderful day on Block Island! We took the traditional ferry from Point Judith on Thursday morning, spent the day exploring the island, then the night at the Harborside Inn, returning to reality and the mainland Friday morning.
We arrived on the island well before the 3:00 check in, but that was not a problem as the Harborside has a place for guests who arrive early (or want to spend more time on the island after checkout) to store luggage until our room was ready. The front desk clerk invited us to relax on the porch if we wanted, complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby. We took advantage of the luggage storage and went off to find lunch and walk the beach. Well before 3:00 I got a call telling me our room was ready, a small amenity, but nice. The room on the third floor was small to be sure, but this is clear in the room description, so not unexpected. The view on the ocean side is wonderful, our corner room overlooked the harbor and the jetty. The room was fresh and clean, the bed and bath well appointed. The bed linens were crisp and bath towels plentiful and soft.
And I send kudos to the young staff!!! The clerk at the reception area was helpful and pleasant. The wait staff on the porch were appropriate and attentive, I left my camera behind by mistake and the young lady servicing the area where I sat had taken notice that I was a guest of the hotel, so made sure my camera was returned to me.
I had a picture perfect day on Block Island and stay at the Harborside Inn, my husband and I hope to return around the same time next year, making this an annual event/visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island