We checked in on 7/8 and went up to our room to leave our things and wait for the rest of our party to get off the slow ferry. By the time I left the room and got downstairs, I realized I forgot my sunglasses. I went back up to the room, and they were gone (along with a protein drink and a bottle of water). Asked the cleaning lady in the hallway and she swore she did not have them, but said someone went in our room to leave fresh towels. We had just checked in and there were already new towels in the room for us. Went to the front desk and was told that 'if our cleaning crew says they didnt take them, then they didnt take them. We dont hire liars or thieves'. After putting up a fight for a few minutes, another cleaning lady comes down the stairs with my glasses. I didnt ask for an explanation of where they were, just happy to have gotten them back. And we made sure to leave the do not disturb on the outside of the door to keep the cleaning crew out the whole two days we were there. and hid our valuables or brought them with us!
The stairways going up to the rooms are so slanted, you feel like you're either on the ferry still in rocky water, or really drunk (or combination of both). The floors throughout the whole upstairs are so slanted. We stayed in room 223, which had views of fake vines/flowers on lattice workout. The room served its purpose, as we only slept there and spent the days outside of the hotel.
We've been to Block Island every summer for the last 12 years. We've stayed at Champlin's, 1661, Manisses, Blue Dory. First time staying at Harborside. A/C was the main reason we chose to stay here.
Would we stay here again, maybe. But would not trust the employees!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island