We've been to BI many, many times before but this is the first time to stay at the Harborside. Since we've stayed at several other places on the island we were not expecting to have a private bath, AC and a flat screen TV in our room. (we always had to share a bath and no AC or TV.) We did not hear the noise that some people complain about and slept very well on the queen sized bed and the mid week price was great for all we got.
We had lunch at the Harbor Grill (the restaurant connected with the inn) after we arrived. The service from our waitress, Melinda was terrific. She was very friendly but professional and quite knowledgeable in the menu choices.The portions were quite large and I was unable to finish my Oriental chicken salad.
We were able to check in right after lunch before the 3 PM checkin time. (the baggage room in the back of the lobby was a great convenience both before checking in and when we checked out. We had breakfast the next morning at the Grill. We opted not for the Continental breakfast they offer for free but both got tasty omelettes (Greek and California) $4 off each and again the portions were large. The price was comparable to the price for breakfast off island.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Harborside and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island