We stayed there as it was one of the only hotels you could actually make a one-night reservation at. It is conveniently located, and as far as block hotels go reasonably priced (but super overpriced for the room). All I can remember about the hotel really was how HOT it was at night. Granted, we stayed in July during a super hot streak, but the hotel doesn't have AC and most rooms only have 1 window, so there was literally zero circulation. Without exaggeration the room was ~100 degrees when we woke up. Also, because it is so centrally located, it is very loud outside (especially if you are facing front), but you need to keep the windows wide open because of the heat problem. Overall, it's fine if you just need a place to crash are willing to sweat to death. I'd recommend springing an extra few bucks and finding a place with AC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island