I had already read TripAdvisor reviews of this hotel so didn't have high expectations. The hotel is a 19th century classic. Since there are so many things to do on the island I wasn't planning to spend much time during the day in the small outdated room. However at night (a Friday) the Harborside turned into a nasty party venue. There is no staff at the desk after 10 p.m.so partying by drunken rude guests went uncontrolled all through the night. We complained to the front desk in the morning after our sleepless night. They assured us there would be someone on site that night. Things were quieter the second night. The hotel is conveniently located across form the ferry landing.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- The Harborside Hotel
- Harborside Inn Block Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms has a private bathroom and has undergone renovation in 2009. This charming property was built in the late 1800s and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.