Having stayed here years ago, I knew it was a small room in an old building. We had an oceanview room (which should be called the spectator room because it's more a view of the street and all the people coming off the ferry's!) so I knew to bring a small fan with us - which allowed a nice cross breeze when combined with their fan. Upon arriving, we took our shoes off only to find the floor was inundated with sand and later found bottle caps on the floor that weren't ours - someone forgot to sweep I guess! The hotel has it's charm and we were all about relaxing, so we were fine. Our second night there around 8pm, we were really upset that there was not a stitch of hot water to be had! 8:00 at night ... they told us everyone in the hotel was getting ready to go out, to wait a 1/2 hour. I found this bothersome because we took hot showers just before check out time each day and there was plenty of water. Also, if I do the math correctly, this hotel is pulling in at least $8K a night .. that could certainly buy a heft water heater I would believe!! We met a couple at the front desk who were explaining how they thought they dropped an earring on the floor, only to find a dead bird under the dresser! Guess they didn't sweep that room either! The front desk staff was so/so. The convenience of the luggage room to enjoy another day is ideal! The restaurant was very good for breakfast - a continental breakfast was included - or - you could take $4 off another breakfast selection. For some reason we got the same thing 2 days in a row and our bill was completely different! For lunch, we were disappointed that our food wasn't cooked, but they did accommodate us by taking it off the bill. It's the perfect location and it was quiet enough to get a nice nap in on a drizzly day. I would stay here again, but need to remember the pros/cons and not have any expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island