I should start off by saying that if you are looking for an "upscale" locations with loads of 5 star hotels and amenities, then Block Island is not for you. The Harborside is an historic building with lots of charm. It is located in the heart of the town and within easy walking distances to beaches, shops, restaurants and bars. As such, you will hear the street noise in the morning and in the evenings. The rooms are small and not much else fits in them besides the bed. We had a large bathroom but others in our party had much smaller ones. The room had a fan but not sure if it would help much on a real hot night. Our TV was really small and the room had no closet. It did have a rack with hangers but they were the kind you could not take off the pole and were difficult to use. Having said all that, the hotel has a lot of charm, the staff was great and added to the relaxed and casual feel of the place. The breakfast was good and the coupons made it very affordable. You are free to store your luggage and beach stuff in their storage room which made if so much easier on check in and check out days. The deck in the front of the hotel is great for sitting and relaxing at any time of day or night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island