I went to Block Island last week for the first time. After reading other reviews about the Harborside Inn, I booked a room there. First thing I noticed was that when our ferry pulled into the dock, the hotel was directly across the street, so conveniently located! It was an easy walk with our luggage to the hotel. Check in was professional and speedy. It was a very old hotel, and I was concerned that my room was on the 3rd floor, and there was no elevator to help me get my luggage upstairs. Luckily one of the other guests helped me. The floors were uneven from age, but that didn't bother me, it just added to the charm of the hotel. My room was small, but very clean and neat. My other concern was that the hotel had no air conditioning, just an oscillating fan. Supposedly it was going to cool down at night to 65 degrees, so I didn't think I would have a problem, but unfortunately, that night it stayed warm and muggy, so the fan wasn't much help. From what I understand this is unusual. Most of the hotels on the island don't have air conditioning, so the Harborside was not alone in the lack of cool air. My bed was comfortable; the bathroom was roomy and had all of the amenities I would have expected at a larger hotel. It was quite charming, and I enjoyed my stay there, despite the lack of air conditioning and an elevator. The free breakfast comprised of a small bagel and fruit, although the other breakfasts looked much more inviting, I stuck with what was included. There was a bicycle rental shop directly behind the hotel, with coupons at the front desk, so that was also convenient. You are able to walk to all kinds of shops, restaurants, and bars from thier location, so all in all, this was a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island