We booked this hotel spur of the moment enroute to Block Island. The location is terrific and convenient to ferries arriving in Old Harbor. We booked a small room with a double bed and private bath without a view. The room was clean and large enough for one night. We paid around $150 after taxes, which I felt was a fair price. Two major downsides were the lack of quiet in the hotel, partly because of the age of the walls and partly because of our fellow guests. It proved difficult to get a good night's sleep with teenagers running around the hallways. Our room was also adjacent to the stairs leading up from the lobby. The restaurant was adequate for breakfast, although the staff was somewhat inexperienced and slow to get orders. The view from the deck was beautiful.
The Harborside Inn wouldn't be my first choice on Block Island, but if I had a hard time finding a room or if I was on a budget the hotel is more than adequate. Probably best for short stays.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- The Harborside Hotel
- Harborside Inn Block Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms has a private bathroom and has undergone renovation in 2009. This charming property was built in the late 1800s and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.