Booked a last minute trip to celebrate an anniversary with my husband. Our room was one of the last available on the island so we knew it wasn't going to be fancy but didn't think it'd be so tiny with the dinkiest fan I've ever seen. The sun beat on our side of the building all day so we slept in our sweat all night. Tiniest bathroom and shower with no light. No phone in room. On top of this, we had the worst neighbors- 5 screaming drunk girls, literally screaming and swearing, slamming doors and stomping up and down the stairs from early morning til early night when they finally came for 2 days. Staff almost had to call the cops on them because they were so disruptive and wouldn't even open their door to the staff. Hotel is completely ran by young foreign 20 something year olds so you may have some difficulty understanding or getting your point across. Free continental breakfast is terrible. After walking by and going into other places on the island, I would def not want to come back here, especially for the price we paid! Only plus is the location but the island is so small that walking to somewhere nicer is much worth it. Springhouse was gorgeous and i'd want to stay there next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places this 36 room inn is located directly across the street from the Old Harbor Ferry landing and less than a five minute walk to the beach. Each of the rooms have a private bathroom and have undergone renovations including new furnishings, mattresses, and flat screen TVs with Direct TV. As of 2013 every room has air-conditioning! This charming property was built in the late 1800's and offers some of Block Island's most competitive rates. Other amenities include: luggage storage room, complimentary coffee & ice in lobby, complimentary WiFi in lobby, and onsite restaurant. We offer discounted rates for bikes, mopeds, beach chairs and umbrellas when reservations are made online. We also have great midweek packages including ferry tickets, bikes, dining vouchers with a two night stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Harborside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harborside Hotel Block Island
- Harborside Inn Block Island