“What a hike!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 attractions in Block Island
Type: Lighthouses
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Granite built lighthouse at Sandy Point, Block Island.
new york
3 attraction reviews
“What a hike!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lighthouse lovers will do whatever it takes to get to a lighthouse! It's being restored, so it will be in good shape for summer. We also saw seals beyond the lighthouse on the beach.

Visited May 2013

philadelphia
6 attraction reviews
“Scenic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The walk to this lighthouse was our favorite walk of the trip. The ocean is at your right and a beautiful pond is on your left as you walk towards the lighthouse. Once at the lighthouse you can take the trail down to the beach. There are scenic views and it is a very natural setting.

Visited May 2013
St. George, Utah
9 attraction reviews
“Well its just a light house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just a lighthouse, nothing more. wasn't open and difficult to get to, don't go there for sunset almost impossible to traverse after dark. Cool building though

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
“I married the love of my life here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jill , I miss you soo much . Thank you for all the greatest memories in my life and sharing your life with me. The north light house and you in block island I dream of everyday , so precious and I hold you so close in my heart. Your the love of my life and I'll never let go, I love you forever Thank you

virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Just go !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

...If your visiting Rhode Island it's worth the nice drive down to Galilee to catch the ferry over to Block Island. (Be sure to poke around the fish markets in Galilee to see some huge 20+ lb lobsters waiting to be sold) I grew up playing here in the 60's & 70's (We used to go inside to climb up to the top!) I still love to take friends over & show them around. The north lighthouse is a great spot for some nice photos if you don't mind the sandy walk.

Visited March 2012