“I married the love of my life here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 25 Attractions in Block Island
Type: Lighthouses, Sights & Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Granite built lighthouse at Sandy Point, Block Island.
3 attraction reviews
“I married the love of my life here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jill , I miss you soo much . Thank you for all the greatest memories in my life and sharing your life with me. The north light house and you in block island I dream of everyday , so precious and I hold you so close in my heart. Your the love of my life and I'll never let go, I love you forever Thank you

virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Just go !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

...If your visiting Rhode Island it's worth the nice drive down to Galilee to catch the ferry over to Block Island. (Be sure to poke around the fish markets in Galilee to see some huge 20+ lb lobsters waiting to be sold) I grew up playing here in the 60's & 70's (We used to go inside to climb up to the top!) I still love to take friends over & show them around. The north lighthouse is a great spot for some nice photos if you don't mind the sandy walk.

Visited March 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Married my best friend here oct 23 2010”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This day was by far the best day of my life.
I married my beautiful wife Jill at the north light house , we rode out by horseback and the historical northlight house was re-lit after years of remodeling, the ceremony for the light took place as the sun set and well, we made history too . I loved u Jill the day I met u , I love u now and Ill love u forever. I'll never stop loving you. Your the love of my life.

“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Beautiful and wild.....really enjoyed even though we WALK to it (since Kerry cannot read a map (perhaps the map was not to scale))

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Long walk but rewarding of you are up for it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

If you don't mind walking in deep sand to get here, then it's no problem. I really don't like that so I was slightly turned off. You cannot go inside this lighthouse but if we had more time we would have walked around more of the trails leading around the lighthouse thru the dunes.