“amazing food experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Block Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Restaurant on Block Island. They have a great chef and the food is amazing!
Key West, Florida, United States
“amazing food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited over the 4th of July weekend. The service was outstanding. I was struggling with the menu (poor eyesight) and the hostess noticed and brought me a pair of readers. From that moment on, I was hooked. Our water/wine glasses were always filled. Again, when there is great service, you know you are going to have an amazing dining experience. The first course came out and we devoured the shared appetizers. The mussels are a must, as well as the quail. I chose the lamb chops as my main entree. The presentation was great and hated to cut the first bite, but I'm glad I did. The chop was delicious! We also had a wonderful choice of wine, as well. The owner sent over a dessert for our table, which we happily accepted. The chocolate cake was decadent! Our dinner was close to 3 hours and we never felt rushed or pressured to leave. I highly recommend this restaurant. I was extremely impressed. So impressed that we went back another time for dinner during our 4 night stay!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stuart, Florida
“Peak dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Despite it being July 4th, staff was accomodating and greeted us warmly. Service was excellent and food was supurb. We've eaten at The Manises (currently #1 on The Blockj) and Eli's (our go-to favorite) but we'd vote for Winfield's as the new #1. Atmosphere is more relaxed than Manises which can be a bit too stiff, and larger/less noisy, bustling than Eli's. if you haven't been to Winfield's you gotta go!

Visited July 2013
Port Chester, New York, United States
“The best value and service on Block Island, RI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been traveling to Block Island for over 20 years and Winfield's is the consistent upscale restaurant on the island for those that use table cloths, real knives/forks and glassware for drinks.

The bartenders are first class (Gloria & Emily) and are armed with a full bar and an extensive wine list by the glass that has something for everyone. I always look to sit at the bar for dinner but the wait staff in the dinning room is top notch as well. As of the employees have been there for years which provides consistent service.

The menu is balanced and complete, steak, chicken, pork, duck, various fish (always two or three) and seafood. The mussels are great as well as the salads and soups.

This is the can't go wrong stop on Block Island!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Best on Block Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We travel extensively and dining out is our passion. In june of this year WINFIELD's on Block Island was a rare find. In the past three years Berke Marye, Executive Chef, has transformed this restaurant from best on the island to one of the best you will experience in fine dining anywhere. SEAFOOD is his specialty and only the freshest catch make it onto the menu. His Texas roots, foster a subtle southwestern flare that transforms traditional dishes into "can't wait to return" favorites. Don't miss the mussel appetizer, seared salmon with glaze of apple buerre blanc, and crusted cream brulee. Informal, inviting, and exceptional value.

joined the has

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Absolutley Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had a last minute decision about where to eat and Winfield's won out. Thankfully we made the right choice. The Duck Confit was so tender and delicious. The meat came right off the bone. My husband had the Tuna Sashimi Cake which I was hesitant to try but it was amazing. A delicious combination of flavors and textures. Our entrees were equally delightful. I had the Lamb Chops which were cooked to perfection and my husband had the Catfish. Catfish! who knew it could be so good. Overall the experience was perfect. Our server answered our questions easily, the ambiance was casual and their wine list is great too. I had a glass of Vetliner which was tasty with the duck. We we will certainly be back again and again. I still want to try the Scallops, Lobster Mac n Cheese and the Pork Chop!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere