“A "must-do" Dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #1 of 48 restaurants in Block Island
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Fabulous Restaurant on Block Island. They have a great chef and the food is amazing!
Boston, Massachusetts
“A "must-do" Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Go all out here & you will not be disappointed! The portions are delicious, refined & huge! Not your typical stuffy city fine dining scenario. Get the scallops! Amazing! My husband had a perfect chop of some sort & I had a creole style catfish. This chef likes to use a lot of sauce...if that is not your thing, you may want to request on the side. Great wine selection too, we were able to get a fruity, zesty Ridge Zinfandel. The prices are exactly where they should be due to quality & portion size. Go here as a BI treat!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
New Hampshire
“Best Meal on BI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Winfield's with another couple. We had a great evening and we all enjoyed our meals. I appreciated how they kept our water glasses full after a full day of exercising. The muscles were excellent as a shared appetizer. I liked that we were able to make a meal out of the appetizer plates. After the shared muscles we each had a salad that was fresh and tasty. Three of us got the scallop appetizer for our main meal. They were cooked perfectly and were delicious. The fourth person in our group got the lamb that he felt was a bit overcooked. We shared the apple crisp and a mascarpone cake. The apple crisp was very good, the cake was nothing to write home about. We all loved the atmosphere and the wait staff was friendly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New London, Connecticut
“Excellent roast chicken and cover for Kittens!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Warm and romantic, Winfiled's dining room is perfect for a special night out and the bar dining is more casual. My husband and I split the scallop appetizer which was awesome and the caprese salad which was o.k.. The greens and balsamic were good but the cheese and tomato choices were not impressive and the salad was small. The roast chicken was recommended by the waitress and it was as good as it gets! Served over polenta in a perfectly seasoned sauce, I am looking forward to ordering this dish every time I am on Block. Waitstaff, excellent. They threw in Kitten's cover for both of us which we enjoyed for about an hour.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Over rated on this site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This was a very dissapointing visit after the anticipation built up by reading the reviews here. We went for my birthday dinner. The restaurant was not very busy but the service was terribly slow. Drinks took forever to arrive. We thought, at least dinner should be delicious . There too we were disapointed. It was not bad, but Not special. Overall did not think it was a good experience or a good value

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Perfect meal to end a perfect day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We chose Winfield's because of it's rating on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We spent the day on Block Island and ended it with dinner at Winfield's before catching the ferry back. My husband and I both had beef, I had the "a la mama" and he had the coffee encrusted... Both meals were wonderful and flavorful. The beef was cooked perfectly - mine a medium rare and my husband's medium, the mash potatoes were terrific and my asparagus were also great. For dessert I had the dessert special, a lemon panna cotta. The server highly recommended it. I'm glad I took her suggestion, it was just the right (and light) touch) to end the meal. We will definitely go back next time we are on the Island.

• Visited August 2012