“Excellent roast chicken and cover for Kittens!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Block Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Fabulous Restaurant on Block Island. They have a great chef and the food is amazing!
New London, Connecticut
“Excellent roast chicken and cover for Kittens!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Warm and romantic, Winfiled's dining room is perfect for a special night out and the bar dining is more casual. My husband and I split the scallop appetizer which was awesome and the caprese salad which was o.k.. The greens and balsamic were good but the cheese and tomato choices were not impressive and the salad was small. The roast chicken was recommended by the waitress and it was as good as it gets! Served over polenta in a perfectly seasoned sauce, I am looking forward to ordering this dish every time I am on Block. Waitstaff, excellent. They threw in Kitten's cover for both of us which we enjoyed for about an hour.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Over rated on this site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This was a very dissapointing visit after the anticipation built up by reading the reviews here. We went for my birthday dinner. The restaurant was not very busy but the service was terribly slow. Drinks took forever to arrive. We thought, at least dinner should be delicious . There too we were disapointed. It was not bad, but Not special. Overall did not think it was a good experience or a good value

• 3 of 5 stars Food
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Perfect meal to end a perfect day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We chose Winfield's because of it's rating on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We spent the day on Block Island and ended it with dinner at Winfield's before catching the ferry back. My husband and I both had beef, I had the "a la mama" and he had the coffee encrusted... Both meals were wonderful and flavorful. The beef was cooked perfectly - mine a medium rare and my husband's medium, the mash potatoes were terrific and my asparagus were also great. For dessert I had the dessert special, a lemon panna cotta. The server highly recommended it. I'm glad I took her suggestion, it was just the right (and light) touch) to end the meal. We will definitely go back next time we are on the Island.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pine Plains, New York, USA
“A Really Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We dined at Winfield's on a Saturday in August. The food was delicious. Served by a very helpful waiter. I had the pork chop which was cooked perfectly. The lobster mac and cheese was good but perhaps a bit over cooked. There were many large pieces of lobster. It was absolutely thermonuclear and took a loooong time to cool enough to be edible.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hopewell, New York
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had dinner at Winfields on 8/17/12. Had 8:00pm reservation, table was ready and waiting.
Our server was energetic and personable.
We started with the wonderful roasted garlic and crusty bread which is difficult to stop eating, it's so so good.
We had excellent salads and also tried the Lobster Mac and Cheese which was good but not what I would call over the top.
I had the duck salad and we also had the pork chop for our other entree. Both were well prepared and tasted great.
We shared the flourless chocolate cake for dessert.
This was an enjoyable meal, the only drawback to this establishment is that is is very noisy but that would not keep me from returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Food