“An Italian Bakery run by a Mensch” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Barrington
Providence, Rhode Island
“An Italian Bakery run by a Mensch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Joe Balasco is the kind of neighbor everyone should have. He runs an authentic Italian bakery. The bread is literally still hot out of the oven every morning at 8:30 am. The cakes are divine. The muffins are a town brag. A few years ago, without any competition in town, members of our synagogue approached Joe and asked him whether he would consider making challah for us on Fridays and whether he would make Jewish-themed cookies for Channukah and Purim. He could have said no. But Joe not only said yes, he spent an entire year perfecting a challah recipe that would make all of our constituents happy. Beyond that he has been extraordinarily generous with our Sunday school. Last but not least, the coffee is to die for. If you haven't had Joe's iced coffee and a corner slice of 'bakery pizza' for breakfast, you just haven't lived.

Visited July 2012

“POOR CUSTOMER SEEVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I go here at Vienna Bakery because I have no choice, it's close to my house. I notice the customer service is very poor everytime I go there. Lately what I notice was I think they don't give good customer service to the people who have a color in your skin like me. I saw how they treat white people, they're nice and when it comes to me they are rude. I am not satisfied to their customer service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, RI
“Fresh and good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Some of the best elcaires you've ever tasted!!! Lots of choices and everything fresh

Visited May 2012
Rhode Island
“Best bakery in New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We go to Vienna bakery frequently. Their donuts and danish are fantastic, their rolls and bread are always perfect--but the crown jewels are their cream horns and cheese cakes. The cream horns are crisp and flaky -filled end to end with fresh sweetened whipped cream. The cheese cakes are always fresh and frequently topped with beautiful fruit slices. At Christmas be sure to order the "Yule log"-- a masterpiece--order right after Thanksgiving--they only make a set amount.

• Visited July 2011