“Drive on by” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Riverside, Rhode Island
“Drive on by”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I dined here on a really quiet Wednesday night- no more than six tables occupied. Nonetheless, service was lousy. The waitress was friendly, but an air head. She must have spent a lot of time yakking in the kitchen. Had to remind her to bring wine- never offered to refill water- never asked if we needed anything. Dinner was less than the menu promised. We both ordered the eggplant- expecting layers of eggplant, cheese, and veggeies, baked in the wood fired oven. Instead, it was deep fried eggplant slices with some mystery green stuff spinkled on top, covered with melted cheese and tomato sauce. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

Visited February 2013

35% Recommend
Warren, Rhode Island
“Really? What a disappointing experience !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We dined here on a Wednesday night recently, and were looking forward to a good meal. I have driven by this place for a decade, or how ever long its been there, and never tried it. Since I never eat out in Barrington, despite living in Warren, we decided to try it!

The food was so mediocre, it was sad. The service was quick, but there were only two other tables, and three people at the bar, at 7pm. The open kitchen is interesting, and I like the inside of the place, as its pretty attractive.

I thought it was an Italian restaurant, but the menu was all different dishes, and nothing really stood out to me, I had difficulty ordering honestly...

And what is with no bread? This was the first Italian restaurant I have eaten at, that did not offer bread.

We got the fried Mozzarella for an app, and it was three pieces. We hate when its an uneven amount! They are average, but overly greasy, which was kinda gross. Small puddle on plate and on limp dark piece of lettuce. Looked gross and OLD.

My girl friend got the Roadhouse burger, and said it was just okay, and ordered medium but gray inside. Half of her fries were done in a new batch mixed with an old batch of fries. The older half were really hard and significantly darker than the others. Really? Can't make fries at same time? They were gross.... The fresher ones were decent.
They served a huge pickle on top of the burger, and she wasn't a fan. I ate the pickle and it tasted house made, but still tasted more like sweet cucumber than a pickle.

I ordered the short ribs dinner. The menu said it comes with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. What I got was spinach instead of asparagus, which was very disappointing. Clearly cost cutting, and they should have mentioned it prior to getting it! Pet Peeve!

The presentation was HORRIBLE, honestly pathetic without a shred of an attempt to make it look good. It was two pieces of meat over mashed potatoes, and sauce all over the top of everything, and it was like a dark dark red brown colored sauce, and luckily it tasted decent, not great. The meat was expected to be tender, but certainly could not cut it with a fork. It also was okay, but nothing special.

To summarize, I have no intentions on ever returning here, and I would not recommend it. Warren and Bristol have a lot of wonderful restaurants, so why waste money here???? Dewolf Tavern, LP, Wharf Tavern, Country Inn, Crossroads, the list goes on and on, all within 5-10 minutes from this sub par restaurant. Stay away from this fake Italian eatery.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Barrington, Rhode Island
“It's ok, but its gone through a bunch of ownership changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Chiazza peaked for us 5 years ago when we first moved in. It's a little too big and the quality of the food went from good to average. There's a decent variety of food and its always good for takeout, but I'd say you go if you need a place rather than make it a special occasion to try it out.

Visited November 2012
RI
“Consistently BAD Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been dining here periodically since it opened. I keep returning, hoping that there might be a new manager/any improvements... but, it just seems to get worse. I have NEVER experienced good service there. I have been there when I am at the only table, or when the dining room is almost full, and have always been neglected or completely ignored. Rarely does the waitstaff check in, and when they do, they seem annoyed that you have a request. The food is above average for Barrington (well below when compared to most good restaurants in Providence). But, the service is consistently the worst I have received anywhere in RI or elsewhere. I think we are finally done with "giving it another shot."

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Providence quality in the east bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have made it our weekly tradition to come in to dine at Chiazza, and we are never let down! The bartender, Kevin knows his stuff and makes the best cocktails around. The staff is all around friendly and makes you feel like a part of the family. This past weekend I enjoyed the sea scallops special, which were pan seared in vanilla scented duck fat with a peach cayenne sauce over risotto which was to die for! My boyfriend had the other special, grilled tri-tip steak with porcini mushroom bernaise, lobster mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. The quality and taste was absolutely amazing, this new chef really is impressive!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere