“A nice & classy historical hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   48 E. Market St., York, PA 17401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 24 hotels in York
Hoboken, New Jersey
“A nice & classy historical hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2005

The photos expedia tell the truth: it's a nice, clean (not a given among historical hotels) and classy historical hotels. The lobby is not something you would expect from a small regional town. The rooms are not as astonishing but good nevertheless. Parking could be a problem during weekdays, but should be very easy on weekends.

• Stayed May 2005

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Cumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

My wife and I had a lovely weekend stay at the Yorktowne Hotel, located in downtown York, PA. We had a 2 room suite that was spacious and glorious. Olde style furniture with 1st class accomodations and staff. Great dining at the hotel. Quiet and clean. We will return there instead of the chain hotels/motels locally. We will reccomend this hotel to our friends and business associates. More people need to know about this gem in downtown York, PA.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2005

I was travelling with a group of ten people and after missing a flight from Chicago to Washington, found ourselves arriving at the Yorktowne at 2.30am. Not only did they need to check in 10 people but many of us wanted to have laundry done and they patiently waited for us to all deal with our bits and pieces. We attended a Wine Makers dinner one evening which was a great way to try Californian wines with the beautiful food. The chef was very interested to see 10 Australians and came to our table to ask how we enjoyed the food and wine.
A very pleasant stay and so much nicer than the large impersonal chain hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2004

Recently I planned a meeting at the hotel in November 2004. I wasn't sure what to expect since I had never been to the hotel prior. My experience was incredible. From the first contact with my sales rep., Wendy I knew that my business was important to them. I was actually called back on several occassions to review my meeting arrangements. My guests loved the hotel and everyone went out of their way to ensure my meeting was a success. I was even called back after my meeting to see if everything was up to my expectations. Would I bring my business back to the hotel, absolutely. Would I recommend the hotel and my sales rep. Wendy to other members in my office, absolutely. Thanks for making me look good and making my meeting so easy. First class hotel in a day and age when it seems customer service was melting away.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at the Yorktowne on several occasions and just love the Commonwealth Room as well as the Off Center Grill. Just a few weeks ago we sent my in-laws on a romantic overnight stay at the Yorktowne. The manager and staff were so accomodating and on top of every detail. The manager personally let me in the room before my inlaws checked in to put some wine, candles, and other things in the room to add to the romance. He made sure every detail was exactly how I wanted it before I left. When my inlaws arrived, they said it was like they were royalty. Everyone knew who they were already and that they were to be treated well. My mother-in-law said it was like they didn't even have to speak. Every need they had was anticipated and promptly carried through. They had dinner at the Commonwealth Room, and again, the service was excellent. The waiter even hand delivered their birthday gifts to them at their table and took a few pictures of them together for me. I had prearranged alot of small details and the staff was wonderful in making sure everything was taken care of. The hotel itself is breathtaking and the rooms are very nice, but it's the customer service at the Yorktowne that sets it apart from any other hotel. I highly recommend the Yorktowne, they are there for each guest, not for the money they receive in your staying there!!!

Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2004

I stayed here for one night on business. The lobby was beautiful and set the tone for the visit. My room was very large and well appointed - a bottle of spring water in the room each day was a nice touch. The building is a little frayed, but all in all it made a very pleasent chage from the usual Hiltons and Marriotts that I tend to end up in!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

My girlfriend had her wedding reception there in 2003, and I was in awe as to how beautiful The Yorktowne was. The decor is beautiful and the reception hall was slendid. The staff was also wonderful.

I will actually be attending another wedding reception there in 2005, and can't wait.

Been to The Yorktowne Hotel? Share your experiences!