“A great hotel! Clean, family and pet friendly, reasonably priced.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 York North

You added Motel 6 York North to your Saves list
Motel 6 York North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   125 Arsenal Road, York, PA 17404 (Formerly Red Roof Inn York)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in York
Southern Maryland
“A great hotel! Clean, family and pet friendly, reasonably priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is my second stay at the Red Roof Inn at 125 Arsenal Road in York, PA. This hotel is conveniently located right as you exit Rt. 83 N. onto Rt. 30. I attend a dog show every November in York, and this will remain my hotel of choice. Lots to like here--clean hotel room, clean hallways and common areas, friendly staff, lots of well-lit grass areas for walking pets (brought a dog for the trip--one pet stays free per room), nice desk/counter area in the room where you can plug in your laptop (WiFi by T-Mobile) or spread out papers for work. Showers, sinks, toilets, TV (cable) and phone worked perfectly. Beds and pillows comfortable and linens in good shape. While I wasn't brave enough to use the keyboard provided by the hotel for on demand video, games, etc., it was waiting inside the dresser drawer. My total for two nights was $103.96. My bill total was cheaper than the event H. Inn which wanted $116 per night before taxes. There is free coffee available, ice machines, and snacks/sodas for purchase. No free breakfast here, but I don't usually care for the carb heavy continental breakfasts that most hotels provide. You can literally walk out the end building exit and walk across the parking lot to Hardee's for breakfast if you choose. McDonald's, Wendy's, CVS pharmacy, and Weis Market right across the street. Many restaurant choices right up the street for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Like to shop? Lots of stores (Old Navy, Macy's, Bon Ton, Ross, Wal-Mart, etc.) from which to choose. Have to give this hotel its props (and laugh as my friends look at their bills at the other hotels costing twice as much). More than one is considering staying here next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Red Roof Inn was recommended as a good, cheap stay by the person at the York Visitor Ctr at the Harley-Davidson plant. We weren't looking for expensive digs and she sort of overheard the conversation my husband and I were having and piped up. Advertised price on the sign was $49/night so we went. Wished we had kept on going. While the staff was quite nice, the price for the room we wanted was quite a few dollars more. We had not pre-planned our trip and had not read the reviews (won't repeat that error!) and ended up on the highway side of the hotel. Aaaaaaaah! The traffic was ongoing and noisy throughout the night. Sleeping was downright painful on that bed (mattress quality was very low) and the traffic made it difficult. Red Roof has been moved to the do not stay list for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

We walked in on a Thursday and secured a room with two double beds for $74. It was a clean, pleasant room, and our stay was very enjoyable. I would caution visitors to ask for a room on the rear of the hotel to avoid loud Route 30 traffic. As to internet access, my understanding is that a standard room has ethernet access, so you would have to provide your own cable. WiFi access is only available with the $10 "super duper" upgrade that includes larger room size, king bed, and a number of other options. The continental breakfast included bagels, coffee, and oranges. Overall, though, this was one of our more pleasant stays in recent months of travel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

We checked in late after traveling into town. The young lady behind the counter was courteous and quick with check-in. When I came back to lobby and asked her about a couple attractions in the area, she was very knowledgeable. Room was clean, and the typical Red Roof Inn type room. As a seasoned traveler, I noticed that it seems this hotel and another one down the road must have swapped ownership at some point as this one is an all interior corridor hotel and the one right down the road is all outdoor corridor and resembles more of the usual Red Roof Inn style. This is no big deal, just an observation! I do recommend staying at this hotel, just be sure and get a room on the backside of hotel as it sits on a fairly busy stretch of Hwy. 30 and you can hear the traffic, but on the backside it wasn't overwhelming.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — morning traffic at check-out was terribly busy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

I stayed one night at the Red Roof inn in York, PA. The hotel sits right on Route 30 and off the interstate. The area around the hotel seems a little run down but I did not feel that it was unsafe. With its location on Route 30 I expected that the hotel would be a little loud. My room was on the back of the hotel and looked up at a new Wingate Inn that is being built. I was near the elevator but it was not that loud. My room was nothing spectacular but was decent enough for a nights stay. The room was somewhat sparse and a little rough. The bed was decent but a little soft. The hotel did not seem to offer many frills and my rate was decent. I am not sure I will ever stay here again but I doubt I will ever be in York again.

• Liked — no real likes or dislikes
  • Disliked — no real likes or dislikes
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

The room looked nice, the bed was comfortable, but wow. There is no soundproofing. It sounds like Route 30 traffic is driving right through the room.

We were impressed when we arrived at this Red Roof --nice comfy king size bed, nice desk in the room, friendly staff. But boy oh boy, when it's time to try to sleep, good luck.

• Liked — The comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — The noise.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

This hotel was noisy, the staff was rude, and my room was never serviced. When I called for a reservation all I asked for was a non-smoking quiet room. I arrived there was one receptionist working with a line of five guests waiting to check in. Just as I was about to check in the phone rang and she proceeded to answer it and continued the call. She never said a word to me. Ten minutes later another employee came on duty and started to handle my check in. I told him I had reserved a non-smoking quiet room. He replied the non-smoking he could do the quiet was a maybe. He wasn’t joking. I got the room across from the elevator and could hear everything all night. I heard the elevator bells and buzzers, I heard people arriving and leaving, I heard all the road noise from RT 30, and I also heard the intoxicated people arguing in the hall several times. I called security twice and the second time the aged security guard banged on my door and yelled at me. This was at 1:30 am. After that I inspected my door and found 1 and 2 cm gaps all the way around the door. I wedged a towel under the door to try and block some of the noise and turned on the AC. This made for a very cold two nights, and did little to block the noise. The next day I left at 11:20 am I saw the “maids” servicing the rooms on my floor they were two and three doors down from mine. They saw me leave. Upon my return at 12am I found my room unmade. No fresh towels, the bed unmade, etc. I went to lobby to get towels at least and was informed this was standard procedure. The “maids” only make one pass. This was before check out and they saw me leaving. In my view all of these issues were unacceptable. There was nothing pleasant or relaxing about my stay, and no reason to recommend this hotel to anyone. The new décor is pleasant but I would have rather had a less decorated room that was quiet, serviced, and staffed with courteous knowledgeable people.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — very loud and rude
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 York North? Share your experiences!